ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Photoshop file format support

Photoshop file format support

Name:  image 03.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  94.1 KB

This is the file displayed in Photoshop. There are three layers. From bottom: my graphite drawing, 2nd: adjustment layer "Levels", 3rd: Hue/Saturation adjustment layer. I save this file and open it in ArtRage. It is all black as you can see.

Name:  black.PNG
Views: 142
Size:  19.3 KB

I suppose ArtRage does not read adjustment layers, so I better merge all layers before saving the Photoshop file.? I do so and then import the psd file again with the layers merged. But no, the file is still all black. Any idea what is wrong?

P.S. I use Photoshop CC 2014
    Last edited by Henry Stahle; 09-05-2014 at 06:50 AM.

I open the psd-file in ClipStudio and save it

I just found out: if I open the psd-file in ClipStudio and save it, then I can import it to ArtRage without any problems.

By the way: the psd-file is 8-bits, not 16-bits depth.

Could you send a copy of the PSD to support@artrage.com? We found a problem with PSD files importing black that was solved in 4.5 but this may be another instance of a similar value in the PSD file triggering the issue and we should be able to track it down and fix it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I have done that

I have done that, it is on its way...

Thanks for sending that through. We're looking in to why the import has a problem but there's a way to resolve it when saving the PSD in Photoshop in the meantime: The background layer is listed as 'partially locked', like a normal background layer, but clicking that lock to remove it and revert the layer to a standard layer solves the import problem.

I'm guessing there's a property of a normal background layer that ArtRage uses that has not been set by the utility or method that imported the file. We'll see if we can identify what it is and work around it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.