ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Brill move with the "Why's ArtRage only $20?" page

Brill move with the "Why's ArtRage only $20?" page

Dave & ArtRage crew,

I really enjoyed reading the new explanation for why ArtRage is US$20. I figured such a thing would be forthcoming, and it was certainly a question I entertained before I ponied up. I really hope more companies will follow your lead of friendliness, excellence in design, and low prices... and hopefully getting a very wide, vast userbase in the process because you guys totally deserve it!

I'm so happy to see the increased usage of ArtRage over time, and the liveliness of the community on these boards is really encouraging.

Also, here's my question: why put the price at "$19.95" if you can just round to "$20"? I know there's that old psychological pricing tactic, but I know you guys see right through that, and c'mon, it's 5 US cents... would be simpler to work out.

Cheerio! ^_^

P.S. I note that the front page lists the "Why $20" update as being posted on Mar. 14, which is several days in the future!

I thought that the reason people priced things at <something>.95, at least in the States, was something having to do with sales tax.

^ Hmmm that doesn't make sense to me because in all the actual examples I can think of, it doesn't round up. I always thought the *.95 or *.98 or *.99 or whatever was to psychologically make a price look lower than it actually is.

Urban myth here has it, that it forced shop staff to open the till/cash register and get change, rather than just pocket the notes.

A local case where an assistant frequently went out to the back of the shop to get change, which she did from her own purse to avoid the till, bears this out a bit.

It still doesn't quite make sense for me, but I've never workrd in a shop.

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

You get change from your creditcard?