ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Buying a new computer, and ...

Buying a new computer, and ...

... does anyone have any recommendations?

Assume, for simplicity, that Artrage represents the only requirement. My present computer is an iMac with a big screen.

Does anyone know what the lads (and lassies) at Artrage develop on?

Any thoughts on screens? Any particular cards?

(Apologies if this is in the wrong place!)

Pat

As AR is CPU intensive rather than GPU, any thing with a fast multi core CPU say 3.4GHz or more, plenty of RAM (you can never have too much of that!) and preferably with a Fusion Drive or Flash Drive (Solid State Drive) should give you a very zippy AR experience.
    All the above could be configured in a new 27" iMac if you want to stick with Macs.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Thanks Markw, that's exactly the type of advice I as looking for. I hadn't realised that it was CPU rather than GPU that was crucial.

I have no vested interest in Apple, if Windows were better I would go n that direction.

I have now replaced my Mac with a Windows PC. Does anyone know if I will need to buy a new Artrage licence, or if my Mac serial number will allow me to download a new copy?

I feel sure that I have seen this asked before but I can't remember the answer or find the question.

That's fine, feel free to download Artrage from the member area at http://members.artrage.com for your Mac. You won't need to purchase another license when you upgrade to a new computer. It's also fine to install Artrage on another computer for your own use ( if you had a Mac and a PC and wanted to use it on both, or if you wanted to use it on a laptop as well as a desktop computer for example ). I hope this helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks, Dave, that seems an excellent service, as soon as my Windows PC arrives I will download a new version.

Again, thank you,

Pat