ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Voilets

Spring Voilets

Wandering around the garden the other day, I couldn't resist picking a bunch of violets. I love the fragrance, so they have sat on my kitchen window sill until today for me to periodically have a glorious sniff.

Maybe a bit messy and not as successful as my last one, but it's OK for a stolen hour.

Attachment 82726

I can almost smell your beautiful violets Robyn - and you know how to paint glass! My violets have been flowering too but I haven't picked any - I will in the morning and put them on my windowsill too.

I really like the range of light blues and grays that you used for the highlights and shadows of the vase in the window.
    I not sure if Google Translate is my true friend...

Well done Robyn ...I like the quick and loosely painted quality of this, but it still shows your accurate eye for details and masterful control of color and form...

June, Ostogar and Gary, thank you for popping by, and your kind comments!

Charming

The glass is especially amazing.

Hi Robyn....Violets, beautiful on there own but they be a'poppin sitting in that glass!
    Messy or not....'Not!'...that stolen hour was paid for by this wonderful painting...Nicely done
    friend!
    Love the glass....
    Steve

Robyn, one of my favorite flowers and smell, great work

Sweet image. GREAT seeing you painting again. It's not always to end up with a painting you can frame or sell, is it? It's about the fluidity one gets back into the joints as it were from moving around, like taking a walk to blow out the "carburetor" (an old mechanics' expression over here back when carburetors tended to get clogged from the car idling overmuch). And hey, this is a nice painting!

Again, very much loving to see you painting. Go Robyn Go!!!!!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks Mr Akey! Yes, it is nice to blow the carby out!

I was trying to chat up a wonderful artist friend, who takes life far too seriously and has hit a creative block. I said all you have to do is to sit down and do something simple and that can be enough to recharge and get going again. We were having a cuppa at her kitchen table and there was a sweet little blue and white jug in the centre, so I nominated that for her to have a crack at. I think she agreed to!

I told her about the 'goblet project' I did on the forum awhile back, and sent her the original artist's images (who came up with the idea of painting 25 works of the same goblet), and the ones I did.

We'll see if that works.

I am out to my beautiful studio to makes marks on real paper today. We'll see what comes of that!