ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Gateway to 5 Moons

Gateway to 5 Moons

took a short trip out there, to see the beautiful moonrises! hope you enjoy this, I took a little vacation but was checking in on everyone... looks like some fine new works..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gateway to 5 Moons.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	510.3 KB 
ID:	82723  

I absolutely love full moon-rises where it's really magnified and bright orange (LA and the smog you know but it's still pretty impressive).

Looks good. The achromatic quality of the background, to me doesn't quite say 'night sky' but I get more the impression from this of a butterfly pinned on a display case in a collection. . . which thematically works quite well as a notion of capturing natural beauty and displaying it. 1. It's unexpected and certainly pops the colors where you do have color. What this sort of reminds me of is something I've never seen, nor do I know if it's even something that is ever seen from anywhere, but I think of the Moon rising through the Northern Lights -- colorizing the moon like an Easter Egg.

No moons were harmed in the making of this painting.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gary!!!!....Where have you been? You've been missed, hope you enjoyed your holiday....and had a great time!
    Now...let me get this straight....the gateway to the five moons is through a very psychedelic Hollywood Bowl,
    Hmmmm..my friend, sounds like quite a trip...quite a trip indeed! Said the grinning cat, now we're all so pleased
    to see you back! Love the 'Gateway', nicely done!
    Book me passage friend....fore I need to get away......
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 08-31-2014 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I absolutely love full moon-rises where it's really magnified and bright orange (LA and the smog you know but it's still pretty impressive).

Looks good. The achromatic quality of the background, to me doesn't quite say 'night sky' but I get more the impression from this of a butterfly pinned on a display case in a collection. . . which thematically works quite well as a notion of capturing natural beauty and displaying it. 1. It's unexpected and certainly pops the colors where you do have color. What this sort of reminds me of is something I've never seen, nor do I know if it's even something that is ever seen from anywhere, but I think of the Moon rising through the Northern Lights -- colorizing the moon like an Easter Egg.

No moons were harmed in the making of this painting.
    LOL D Akey it is wonderful to have your sense of humor along with your take on this. I especially like the footnote. yes this was a "display case" of the moon events I liked the quirky twist on it and the grainy background is like a dark sand. thanks my friend always fun to have your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Gary!!!!....Where have you been? You've been missed, hope you enjoyed your holiday....and had a great time!
    Now...let me get this straight....the gateway to the five moons is through a very psychedelic Hollywood Bowl,
    Hmmmm..my friend, sounds like quite a trip...quite a trip indeed! Said the grinning cat, now we're all so pleased
    to see you back! Love the 'Gateway', nicely done!
    Book me passage friend....fore I need to get away......
    Steve
    Steve buddy... I have been busy with family visits to my little house, having fun looking at the works of other artists and generally just recharging the batteries, I have been keeping an eye on your works and enjoying them immensely , I saw you leave a comment on Martha Weatherford's gallery, she is one of my favorites I love her work... Now that we are heading into fall I will be more present here...

Your titles always makes me look that little bit harder and understand what you're trying to express more clearly. I love the moons suspended in the sky and the thought that you might stand at the gateway to reach them is very appealing.

Beautiful colours and shapes, as always.

WOW, wild colors, love this one Gary

It reminded something complitely different totally silly and random so I won't post any image of it X). Glad you're back with us. Great painting by the way. Cheers
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)