ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Artrage 4 and other tablets than those from wacom?

Question Artrage 4 and other tablets than those from wacom?

I draw and paint using artrage 4 and a Bambbo tablet and pen from wacom. I would like to buy anew tablet and pen more advanced than this one. Neverthless wacom tablets like "sintec " are very expensive! My qestion is: its possible to use artrage 4 with other tablets different from wacom?

In theory, any tablet should work with ArtRage. However, we can't guarantee it!

There are a lot of different tablet companies out there, so we can't give you a definite answer for all of them. Make sure it works with your OS, and that it doesn't have known software issues. And come ask in the forums if you're looking at a specific model, and see if anyone has any experience with it.

ArtRage works with all the common driver standards, so as long as the tablet also uses RTS or WinTab, *and* has updated working drivers (which should be updated by the company over time), and has the features you are looking for in a tablet that we support, then you should be fine.

This is worth reading (check out the 'Accessories' tab) http://www.artrage.com/faqs/artrage-...forms-devices/
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Smile Thank you HannahRage

I was convinced ArtRage was an exclusive software from wacom but from what you say its not so! Im thinkng to buy an Huion tablet. If someone using ArtRage in an Huion tablet could reasure me it works I would be thankfull!

I use a Huion H160 and it works fine for me. I also have a Wacom Bamboo.

Quote Originally Posted by Peixoto View Post
    I was convinced ArtRage was an exclusive software from wacom but from what you say its not so! Im thinkng to buy an Huion tablet. If someone using ArtRage in an Huion tablet could reasure me it works I would be thankfull!
    Ha, not at all! We have an arrangement with Wacom that allows them to bundle our software with their tablets, but we're separate companies. We want ArtRage to be robust and reliable across various devices, and tablet companies want their tablets to work with people's software, so you usually shouldn't have a problem with compatibility.

The main issues of discussion are whether the tablet is worth the price, has the features it claims to, and has decent driver support to allow it to continue doing the things you bought it for. Personally, I've never used a Huion, but there are a few people around (like the commenter above) who use them successfully with ArtRage.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Lightbulb Thank you again HannahRage

Now I am clearly informed about my doubts and aware your forum works! Ill continue to be in touch. Thank you very much! Sorry about my english.....