ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Double Click to open file fails when Check for Update is on.

Double Click to open file fails when Check for Update is on.

I'm on Windows 7 SP1. When I double click a file in Windows Explorer Artrage 4.5.1 is launched. If I see the dialog asking to check for an update (sometimes the dialog doesn't appear) whether I click Cancel or Check the file I double clicked will not open. If the dialog does not come up, the file opens as expected.

I didn't try 4.5, but it worked in 4.0.6.

Honestly I would rather Artrage always check for updates if the option is on, and only alert with a dialog if an update is available. If I don't want updates I'll just disable the option.

This has always been a tricky one relating to the order in which the app starts up. We'll look at it again in the future I'm sure, but until now I haven't been able to find a good solution to the problem. Modal dialogues that appear when the app starts do prevent loading the file that was just double clicked at this point.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.