ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Improve drawing skills

Improve drawing skills

I am finding this a great site ti improve my drawing skills:

http://artists.pixelovely.com/

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Took a quick look but doing it looks like it would take time. I look forward to trying it.

If they're flashing models in poses from which to do sketches or whatever, are you able to sketch digitally or would you be doing real world drawing only? I would think that if you had two monitors it would work out fine. I don't presently use a second monitor. But this site looks interesting. Will have to return to it when I have some time.

Thanks! Cool idea.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks for the link hypotaxis. Very useful.

It looks like a great way of generating some random figure poses for practice/study in lieu of stumbling across a real naked person outside. I've taken a grab of one which I think I'll use as a reference for a sketch/painting. I wish I had space for an additional monitor - as D Akey mentioned, it would be much more beneficial for the quick poses to have the reference outside of artrage workspace.

This site might also be useful to folks here. It has a variety of CGI poses (without skin to show muscles), random poses, 30 second ones etc. There's some with odd angles too which is handy for understanding foreshortening and trying something a little less conventional.

There's a useful free ebook offered here which covers some solid foundations for those interested in improving their drawing (or revisiting lessons perhaps forgotten). The depositfiles link seems to work OK and it's a good, to the point guide for drawing skills.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Took a quick look but doing it looks like it would take time. I look forward to trying it.

If they're flashing models in poses from which to do sketches or whatever, are you able to sketch digitally or would you be doing real world drawing only? I would think that if you had two monitors it would work out fine. I don't presently use a second monitor. But this site looks interesting. Will have to return to it when I have some time.

Thanks! Cool idea.
    I have been using it for pencil/charcoal and paper. It's great for gesture drawings. I like that I can adjust the timings too. The timing of the slideshow sometimes is wonky :-)
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrude View Post
    Thanks for the link hypotaxis. Very useful.

It looks like a great way of generating some random figure poses for practice/study in lieu of stumbling across a real naked person outside.
    You're welcome Bertrude. Random naked people outside in Yorkshire must be a rare event!

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========