ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Hands

Hands

Hands have an expressiveness that often go overlooked. Does anyone else like drawing hands and feet?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hands project.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	244.5 KB 
ID:	82689  

Hi ThatBloodyWoman! I love your hands and feet which are really well observed and drawn. They are hard to do well and can be so unconvincing if they're wrong. Yours aren't!

Great hands! I'd give them a...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thumb.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	82691

Absolutely hands speak volumes. I haven't painted or drawn just hands for a long while, but I'm glad I know how they're constructed when I employ them. They're prime actors. Feet too in some cases.

These look good and articulate as you've drawn them. Great job.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi TBW......
    DITTO on the 'Thumbs Up' as well....Never really thought of drawing feet! I'll wait for your posting of a few...
    Take care,
    Steve

Corrección

Para mí, las manos humanas es lo más difícil de dibujar. Por eso, admiro a quienes realizan dibujos de manos...Yo jamás he podido dibujarlas bien! Pero, acá van 2 imágenes de manos dibujadas por mi padre (QEPD), croquis de los años 50. Él no tenía estudios académicos.

For me, the human hand is the most difficult to draw. So, I admire those doing pictures of hands ... I could never draw them right! But here they are 2 images hand drawn by my father (RIP), sketches of the 50 years... He had no academic studies.

Congratulations dear thatbloodywoman!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Hands are hard to draw, for me anyway. I'm working on a drawing of my daughter and the hand looks....um.... lol...

Yours are great!