ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: City Virus

City Virus

News worldwide seems very depressing. Muse for this painting, AR4.5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-21-14.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	82620  

Ah, spoken like a man on a tropical paradise island, as if making the argument that you have no need to go back into those places ever again. And who can blame you.

Very editorial painting, Tony. Go man go!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

You know, Tony, I don't watch the news that much, but when I stumble and do, it is never good.
    Fear, panic, anger, grief, and so much hatred in the world. Unfortunately, it has always been there, hasn't it?
    When I read your title, City Virus, it certainly caught my eye, living only minutes away from Atlanta CDC.
    Do you mind if I pack up my red chair and visit a while?

Thanks D'Akey for your comments. You are right, no more big cities for me. Leave me alone in the country and I'll be just fine.

Alexandra........your paintings always inspire me. We are living in a time where in certain parts of the world they are arresting and beating and killing poets, musicians and artists. I guess we would be arrested for our art and providing ideas through art. It's like you said, " It's always been there." I saw police brutality in 1968 in Chicago. I see it everyday on tv. Same stuff. Crazies going into schools and shooting up the school, kids being killed in Gaza, etc. Yeah.......it's always been there..........city virus. tj

A thoughtful piece with some interesting effects.

Like others here, I am exhausted by the endless pain and grief of the world at the moment, and wonder whether turning off the news on the TV and online for a while might give us a rest. Once upon a time humans just worried about what was happening in the next paddock, and now we have to have this regurgitated agony endlessly recycled.

Enough, I say!! Let's do art instead and think beautiful thoughts.