Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A new landscape

HAhaha, hiding, hehe...nah! I figure, because I'm learning to deal with AR, I'll hook everything that's more than just a quick doodle into the WIP section, so that it's easier for me to share the experience and it might be interesting for everyone!? It's definitely a whole lot of fun and the feedback is really inspiring already! (thanx Andy!)

I think I've already been calling this one 'done' so I should hook into my 'main gallery' if that's a way to call it. I should make a new thread that's more clearly a pure gallery then...hmmm...

Anyway, THANX A LOT! You're very encouraging and motivating to me! I really hope I can return the favor, but I must warn you, I don't hide any impression I'm having! So count on rather direct feedback! 8)

Taron- This is my favorite of the landscapes evolved into settings for characters. I really like where you took this one. Not only did you give us a very interesting figure with those amazing wings, but you also seeded it with a story, with that map in his hands and him on foot. This could be developed into a book or at least a very compelling short story. Well done.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Thanx Fashmir,

that's awesome feedback, haha! Almost every image I make has a story growing with it or into it, while here and there it's merely a snippit that explains the moment and at othertime the story keeps evolving after the picture is done.

Maybe we just start writing one together?

Here's a starter for the outline: Those man-like creatures get born with wings to fly into savety or migrate back from the birthplace for what ever reason. As they grow bigger their wings become useless and eventually might fall off, hehe.... anyway... take it away if you like!

But it would be fun to write a story! Why not! Maybe continue with more images to tell on!?

Alright, I think I got a story....

Mitey the Raincatcher

Amongst the billions of stars in our galaxy there is one that brings light and warmths to a giantic planet. This planet was so big that water could only cover a tiny percentage of it. Life there was teeming and rich, but it was simply not enough space for the most dominant species, which evolved to become the Mite.

When the summersun hits the oceans of northern paradise it evaporates the water and sends vast, but thin clouds over the endless deserts to the other side of the planet, where it becomes ice until the seasons switch again.

As life became threatend to suffocate itself, the Mite decided to move into the desert. And over many thousands of years they moved deeper and deeper into it and figured out how to bring water with them. All they needed to do is find a way to catch the water on its big journey to the other side. So they began to build mountains to stop the clouds. Taller and taller they became. And the northern paradise began to grow. While on the other side, the southern world began to dry up. No water would ever reach them again. It was so far away, nobody from the north would have known there was life just like them and that they would begin to die because of the Mite's great idea.

However, even with those mountains and all the rain, living there was challenging and dangerous. So if a couple wanted to make children, they went up north back to paradise. The journey home with a new child would be too harsh for it to survive on the ground, so nature gave them a fantastic solution. The babies would have wings, so that they could ride the wind back into the desert, where they would get caught in the mountains just like the rain. There they would be welcomed by the villagers, while the parents went on their long journey home on the ground.

It had been like this for thousands of years. But one day, a child got sent on it's first flight when a freak wind blew over the planet. It would miss the mountains and drift over the entire planet to land in the dying world of the south together with the rain!

The picture shows Mitey, when he finally makes it back home after his massive adventures. He holds the map drawn by a seeing being and wears no clothes like the southern tribe that made him survive.

Taron....What a cool story...maybe you should write a book and illustrate it yourself" The Raincatcher " does have a mystical sound to the name.....
    very interesting, keep going.....Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

I'm grinning from ear to ear Taron. This is the kind of thing I am talking about. That is a good beginning.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

:shock:
    i not read page 2, just wanna comment your wonderful char drawing skills!
    superb!

greez
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

You create the world like you paint. Broad to narrow. Cool. There's a definite sensibility to your world. And it certainly looks intriguing.

Sounds like a great sandbox for some characters to play in.