Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new landscape

Added another screen layer to pump up the light in the midground and also added back in the cute little fog band around the mountains.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'll just pick my jaw up off the floor so I can comment.
    Dewd, that's completely stunning! The depth of the landscape is amazing. The wings of the creature are fantastic. The shading of the character is stunning.
    I have one question - his (her?) hips are a bit odd to my eye.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

HAHAHA, thanx! ops:

Yeah, the hips are truely bubbley, which i thought was fine because it's really a creature and not a human. But I can see how they can be viewed as problematic....hmmm... i'm not sure about the whole thing, though, but I can see what it feels like with a bit less bubbles...hehehe! :shock: :lol:

Thanx for pushing me a lil! I need that, too, especially on this one!

How's that!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yeah - that's definitely easier on my eye. I just couldn't reconcile what sort of anatomical structure would require the creature's hip to be that bubbly! But what you have now works as musculature.

Just so you know... I'm just a computer programmer. I thought the painting was fantastic as it was. I'm in complete awe of your painting ability.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

That works beautifully together, because i'm in complete awe of your programming! I absolutely love what you've done in every way!

Thank you so much!

There's a whole lot more to come...

Taron - This is coming along rather nicely. Thanke for sizing down a little, much easier to view and they still look great.

Andy - Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the Venusian Bubble Butt Flying Ant People?
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.

OMG, I've been trying to hide for centuries, I had no idea we were known?! No going back now....well, heck, I might as well inflate my bubble handles again!

Yeah, thanx for waking me up on the size issue! I feel a whole lot better now, too! I'm also getting sloppier, which is great! Resizing hides a lot of wild strokes, hehe! 8)

Taron...Here is your little den then,...this is where you bin hiding your work.... whats up with the main gallery then????....very nice little plot though, interesting to see the build up..nice to see the outcome of it all, thanks for posting this Taron,its an eye opener...I do love these fairytale,mystical, magical things... I recon its where the Artist scores MEGA points over the camera.....Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

oh i missed the progression bit............was not expecting the winged dude with the map ........escellent!!!!
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown