ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A new landscape

A new landscape

Alright, today I'm gonna do some more landscape painting to loosen up a little and doodle around. Not like most other days would be different in terms of the motive (creative-chilling), but these days it's all about getting deeper into AR2.

Again I'll start by posting the first three steps...all approximately in 30min each...

First the foundation...a gradient as usual, but this time I've done a bunch of curious things, which I havn't done in AR, yet. Hmmm...should've made snapshots, but first let's have a look at it...

This is actually composed of 3 layers, which then had been collapsed again. One of them had been on "screen" as blending mode and gave everything a yellowish light. The shadows then were simply erased from that layer. Very cool method!

Then comes a bit of an interest to the image. Just a little vegetation and some simple huts of some kind...almost like iglos in the desert, hehe.

Last but not least for the first session: A Foreground. Just wanted to get a feel for the contrast, so it's nothing really serious yet...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Taron - These are very nice. You seem to have a great imagination for wild landscapes.
    One point - Your posts are extremely difficult to read as the image size almost doubles the screen width. If you shrink your images so that the longest side is 800 pixels or less, and attach them in the posting dialog, I think your stuff would be more readable. I really like checking out your work and hate to have to scroll back and forth.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.

you're really good.Keep it up!
    great to see the progress too. 8)
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

jvolkel,

you convinced me! It felt funny to post such huge images, too. I wasn't sure why I was bothered with the small versions...think it loses a bit of the feel behind the strokes, but since all of this stuff is a bit on the silly side as of now I think it's anyway over the top to leave'em big. Ironically I have always been the one, telling people not to post giantic images, haha...weired.

Good call! Thanx!

experiments with thicker paint...

Alright, now I'm almost not sure if I should share this nonsense, hehe, but I'm trying to figure out how it comes across to vary thickness of paint to create stronger foreground details and sharpness. It's not really easy to vary smoothly, at least for now, since I just don't know enough, yet. But here's a try...

Really cool! I love it. Makes my imagination really enter the pic.

These are fantastic. It's great watching you work.
    By all means - post as much as you like!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

another fantastic well done landscape......maybe i cna learn a few things from these
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Thanx all of you! I'm still thinking of something else in there and continued to doodle a bit...

here's the sketch...

And here's the first approach to color it... it's a bit weak and vague, but well...AND it took a while, too. I'm a little hesitant today, because I'm not convinced of this and I actually would like to experiment and learn something new about shading, but I didn't practice what I wanted to try. Hmmm...this is pretty much typical me, painting around...