ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Stick 'em up!

Stick 'em up!

My entry for the DeviantArt ArtRage group August competition which is Panda themed this time around. I had fun doing this one

Sorry Caesar, no beaks yet, still teeth

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stick 'em up Panda.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	82616

I think he's saying..."Great, now I 'am getting robbed...feel like I just got bamboozled as well!"...
    Fun entry, nicely done....made me laugh!
    Take care,
    Steve

Thought I commented - probably forgot to submit, or one of the other pandas around here deleted it. Pretty sure I said how much I liked the loose feel of your painting - looks like it was achieved very quickly but I'm thinking it took a lot more work to get that look.

Thanks for the kind words.

@ Enug
    It came together pretty quick-ish (for me anyway). I wanted to do something simple and quick rather than labouring over something too much. It probably took just over an hour or so. The sketch and background came together very quickly although I did redo the facial expression a couple of times until I found something I thought was comical. The painting (or 'colouring in' as I still call it ) took longer as I was often unhappy with the way it went down or blended. I still think it's too smeary but that's something to muck around with on another piece.

Here's a link to the deviantart competition page. It would be nice to see some more Pandas in there:

DeviantArt ArtRage Group August Competition

That's the funniest darn thing. . . a whole lot of charm and the menace is so exaggerated and cartoonish it's hard to get worried even though the little guy seems very alarmed. Almost an idea sketch for one of Pixar's 3D movies.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream