ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRage problem with importing image to file or layer

ArtRage problem with importing image to file or layer

Hi,
    I hope somebody can help, my ArtRage updated today to 4.5.1.
    I wanted to import a picture I had already created in ArtRage.
    Because ArtRage is great at resizing.
    Anyway I tried importing to file and layer I tried bmp and jpeg
    neither worked it just caused ArtRage to stop working although
    the program did restart. But I was unable to do what I wanted.
    I use windows 7 Home premium 64 bit 16 gig memory ssd drives.
    I haven't tried anything else yet. I'll have to check and see if my
    Bamboo and pen work okay.
    Looking forward to your help.
    Thanking you.
    Sandyg.

When you say it stops working, does the image appear then the app just sit there doing nothing but responds when you click to quit it? If so, it may just be that the image you have imported is larger than your current canvas and you can't see the resize handles at the edges of it, try pressing Enter on your keyboard or right clicking on the image and okaying it. When you import, the image you import is placed on to the layer and set up for scaling, which might be what's causing it to appear frozen.

If the app does not respond at all (for example, to clicking on a tool icon) drop a mail to support@artrage.com and describe exactly what happens when you click OK to import the image and we can look in to it for you.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Artrage problems

Well Matt, thank you for your prompt reply, the image was smaller I tried both file and layer and also just putting the image straight onto Artrage page which I used to do.
    Since I wrote my last post I could not even start a new canvas it stops responding windows says it's trying to resolve the issue and then artrage restarts without canvas you try and do new again
    click on the canvas the box with the canvas on as soon as you click open it stops responding again but it does restart .
    I had to do things I needed to do for framing so I had to uninstall for now and used studio pro 3.6 for now.

Artrage problem

Hi
    Just reinstalled 4 and it works I can drag picture onto artrage canvas I can install to layer not file.
    It doesn't work when I try within Artrage and choose either import to file or layer. it comes up with error and artrage restarts.
    But apart from that it seems to work i get a canvas, I'll see if I can do some paint.
    Perhaps my download the first time had problems.
    Anyway thanks again.
    Sandyg.

Artrage problems with attachment

I attached a screen shot hope that works having probs again.

I don't see a screenshot - Could you send it to support@artrage.com and we can do some troubleshooting.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

artrage problem

Hi,
    I have sent an email with 3 screenshots showing different errors.
    Hope they help.
    Sandy.