ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: List of Supported Platforms and Devices?

List of Supported Platforms and Devices?

After years of the back and forth about ArtRage support of platforms and devices, yes to this one, no to that (the "no" answers usually ending in a pained sigh), is there a list somewhere hereabouts that lists all the devices ArtRage works on?

It's all well and good to buy a device and then wonder later if certain software supports it, but I'm curious about which graphics tablet to get, in this case. And I want one with a screen in the tablet, if I can afford it.

I already have a very strong computer so I actually would just be interested in enhancing the experience to where it is more like a real painting or drawing experience. Cintiq is a kind of device where you touch a screen so as to make it like I'm talking about. No surprises there.

But there are lots of things coming onto the market along those lines that I haven't heard whether they would work. Like some of the off-brand, lesser expensive graphics tablets with screens in them where the paint goes where you touch. One would think it should work, but I'm not going to buy some cheaper item from China on a gamble, because returns are rough often times. And then there are some possibilities with iPad kinds of mobile devices being good for that as well in the not so distant future.

So, if there is a list of supported devices and so on that AR supports, please let me know where it is.

Thanks.
    Last edited by D Akey; 08-19-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

There is now!

It's not an exhaustive list of specific devices, as that's simply impossible for us to know for sure - we can't collect every existing device and sit there testing each one, updating all the drivers and software everytime new versions came out and then going back and testing everything again. Which is pretty much what we'd need to do in order to *guarantee* everything worked.

However, we can tell you which OS and driver standards and features ArtRage should work with. From there, you should be able to decide if you 'trust' the product's claims that it supports those features as well. In general, ArtRage should work with almost any Windows or Mac OS based device that supports current driver standards.

ArtRage Supported Platforms & Devices
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Brilliant! Thanks for this. Nice to narrow it down. It's a big electronic world out there. . . "Let the shopping begin!"

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream