ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: menu selection quirk

menu selection quirk

EDIT: see post further down thread (problem solved).

Windows 8.1
    ArtRage 4.5.1 64bit

The second time you select an item from the menu bar it requires two clicks to open the menu. If helpful I've made a short video clip showing this behaviour occurring.

Name:  menu.png
Views: 71
Size:  97.0 KB
    Last edited by Jono; 08-19-2014 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Added comment
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.

Hi Jono, is your question that you want them to open automatically as you hover across?

I'm still on vs 4.0.6 (waiting until some of the reported glitches are dealt with, too scared to spoil a good thing at the moment), and it requires opening menus this way too.

Not sure if this is what you wanted to know?

Yes, I think it's always been this way. 3.5 was the same.
    Quirk or a minor bug? Don't know.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Hi, thanks hildee and markw for taking a look.

Yes, I've just checked with ArtRage 4.0.2 on another PC and that also happens to me, ie you can't 'slide' across from one menu item to another using the arrow keys and the menu doesn't automatically open as you hover across? I'm not sure that second point is actually standard Windows behaviour anyway.

What I'm referring to is that if I click any menu item, it opens as expected, but if I then click another menu item, it only highlights as if I just were hovering over it. I have to click it again to make it open. If I then click another menu item after that it opens again as expected. It's more obvious if you can see it in action, which why I did a quick video clip, but then I found I couldnít upload it here

hildee just a thought about using the menu, and I hope you donít think it presumptuous for me to suggest this, but if you are using something in the menu a lot, have you thought about setting a keyboard shortcut. I know this is not for everyone, as some artists are loath to touch the keyboard whilst painting.

UPDATE: I've discovered this issue only happened when selecting a menu option with the pen, but not with the mouse. I've now updated my Wacom driver (to version 6.3.8-4) and it seems to working OK again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    hildee just a thought about using the menu, and I hope you donít think it presumptuous for me to suggest this, but if you are using something in the menu a lot, have you thought about setting a keyboard shortcut. I know this is not for everyone, as some artists are loath to touch the keyboard whilst painting.
    No worries Yep I use shortcuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    UPDATE: I've discovered this issue only happened when selecting a menu option with the pen, but not with the mouse. I've now updated my Wacom driver (to version 6.3.8-4) and it seems to working OK again.
    Using both the mouse and the tablet, I still have to click each menu. Just tried it with the mouse. Then again, I only use a tablet with AR. And I don't use the menus all that much.