ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 64 bit??

64 bit??

Bonjour
    nouvel utilisateur je me demande pourquoi la dernière version 4.5 installée récemment
    c'est installé en 32 bit sur mon ordi 64 bit,
    ou puis-je remédier à cela?
    merci d'une réponse
    cdt

Avez-vous un ordinateur Mac ou Windows?
    Quelle version OS est l'ordinateur exécutant?
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

If you are using Windows here is how it works:

1. If your machine is running a 32 bit operating system the 32 bit version gets installed. Check your Computer Properties to make sure that you are using 64 bit.

2. If your machine is running a 64 bit operating system the 64 and 32 bit versions get installed. ArtRage.exe is 64 bit, ArtRage32.exe is 32 bit. Look in the About Box in ArtRage and you will see which version is running, make sure you did not launch ArtRage32.exe.

3. Make sure you downloaded ArtRage 4.5 not The ArtRage 4.0 for Windows XP file.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I have a 64 bit system but AR is in the 32 bit folder. It works fine but if it can be used with 64 bit it has to be faster. Do I need to reinstall it or something?

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

Hi Gms9810,
    Matt included some install info when 4.5 was released in this post about the 64bit version here: http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...-Now-Available

I think the relevant bit for you is maybe this bit;
    "Windows: The ArtRage installer detects the type of operating system you are using and installs the appropriate version. If you are using a 32 bit operating system only the 32 bit version is installed. If you are using a 64 bit operating system the ArtRage.exe that is installed will be 64 bit but we also install ArtRage32.exe, a 32 bit version that you can launch if you need to. Please note that the installation location of ArtRage 4.5 may be in either the Program Files (x86) folder if you had a previous version installed, or the Program Files folder - The installation location makes no difference to whether the 64 bit version will launch correctly."

On the Mac version, when the AR splash screen opens at launch, it says 64bit in the bottom right corner so you know which version has launched. Dose Windows have the same?
    Last edited by markw; 08-25-2014 at 04:43 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Yes, I read that. That's why I posted the question. I have a 64 bit system but it installed s 32 bit. Thanks for interpreting though, I have trouble grasping that complicated computer talk.

There may be some confusion here, so I'd like to get some specific information:

1. Do you have the files 'ArtRage.exe' and 'ArtRage32.exe' in the ArtRage folder? Note that it doesn't matter if the ArtRage folder is in 'Program Files' or 'Program Files (x86)'

2. When you launch ArtRage, do you see '32 bit' in the about box?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I completely removed AR using Revo uninstaller, removed all registry keys and reinstalled the 64 bit. It works fine now. One of life's mysteries. Thanks.