ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Weird Problem with Sliders in 4.5.1

Unhappy Weird Problem with Sliders in 4.5.1

Just upgraded from 4.0.6 to 4.5.1, and I like what I see, but I am running into a frustrating problem with the tool sliders.

Anyway, here's the basics - I am running Windows 8.1 (64 bit version of AR 4.5.1.) -- and am only encountering this problem in Artrage (Sketchbook, PS, Painter no issues). The tablet is an Intuos 3. (I have not tried this with my older Cintiq as yet).

So, here's the "bug". If I bring up a tool which has a slider such as the watercolour brush, oil paint or stickers, I adjust the slider to a lower setting from 100% to 30%. And then I touch my stylus to the canvas and the slider zooms back to 100%. I've tried clicking elsewhere on the window to see if it was a matter of the slider still being active and it seems to have no effect. Now, I can adjust the slider using either my mouse to move the slider or manually typing the number to the desired setting, but I would like to get a "work flow" going here, and avoid the stop and start of this workaround.

Any ideas please?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Using ArtRage on DeviantArt since 2007.

Chances are this is an input mode / driver issue - The end of the drag event is not being received. Could you let us know what input system you're using (eg. a touch screen, an external Wacom tablet etc.) and we can suggest some settings to try.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    Chances are this is an input mode / driver issue - The end of the drag event is not being received. Could you let us know what input system you're using (eg. a touch screen, an external Wacom tablet etc.) and we can suggest some settings to try.
    Thanks for responding Matt.

I am not using a touch -screen or -sensitive tablet here. It is an Intuos 3 tablet. I've since tried playing with the drivers (updating and backdating) to no effect. I've also tried turning the Wintab on and off to similar no effect.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Using ArtRage on DeviantArt since 2007.

Thanks for the extra info. I'm guessing that this relates to something we've seen when the Wacom drivers are trying to send Realtime Stylus information. Try this:

1 - In the Wacom control panel locate the Mapping Tab and turn off the 'Use Windows Ink' function.
    2 - In ArtRage open the Preferences panel and in Input turn on Use Wintab and turn off Use Realtime Stylus.
    3 - Restart ArtRage.

That has fixed some problems we've seen with hitching in sliders before.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.