ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: a little help?

a little help?

I'm quit good in handling pc problems in general but this one baffles me.
    I have dl the Yotex papers from mediafile that came in a Artpack.the first time i downloaded them they sit on my desktop as a white sheet(indicating there is not a program attached to it for opening), so i go in to "properties" with my right mouse click to change that.But in place of giving me the Artpack icon?it gives me a PDF icon (adobe reader) and now i can't change it no more;( Any ideas fiks? thc in advance!.

It worked fine for me.

Some common questions the AR team may ask you later, if you don't get it sorted out before they get to you:

1 - Did you try downloading the ARPACK a second time, because it may have simply been corrupted during the initial download.
    2 - What version of ArtRage are you using?
    3 - What type of computer are you using (Mac/Windows/etc)?
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

i did downloaded it a second time because of it
    i',m using the latest version 4.5.1
    I'm working on a PC, Win7 64bit 8GB Ram

Edit;i found the culprit!!,i have changed to 32bit version if i want to attach a program (artrage) to the icon
    With other words....there seems to be ( in my case) a problem with the 64bit version if you want to attach a program to a icon indicating that it has to be opened with that program.The artpack on itself works fine just not the program attach in 64bit ( i really hope i have make myself understandable)
    Last edited by Rondo; 08-15-2014 at 07:28 AM.

Do you have any utilities that do anything with icons? The package file icon should be set in your registry so unless something else is interfering with the .arpack icon association any arpack file should receive the standard icon. This happens outside of ArtRage itself but if there's a utility trying to work with icons it may have some problems I guess if it tries to extract an icon from a 64 bit executable if it's a 32 bit utility, not sure on that one.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.