ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Question for everyone here !!

Question for everyone here !!

Hi everyone, first i would say that's not easy to find the right place to post that ( and i really don't know if i doing it right..) but i'm a French guy so please be nice with me ^^

my question is : Now that i have art rage on my PC, i would change for a imac 27" i have a wacom intuos pro small compatible ( i don't know if you understand this word ^^ )with mac but i don't know if my artrage is ok for imac ( i bought the CD with the software ) so.. Is it possible to set up my artrage version on mac ?

Thank you all for your futur answer !
    Last edited by Asmodheus; 08-13-2014 at 05:17 AM.

I'm going to move your thread to the Technical forums, where I think you're question will be answered more directly.

As for your question, I'll leave it up the ArtRage Admin to help you out, because I'm not familiar enough with the iMac to give you a definite answer.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    I'm going to move your thread to the Technical forums, where I think you're question will be answered more directly.

As for your question, I'll leave it up the ArtRage Admin to help you out, because I'm not familiar enough with the iMac to give you a definite answer.
    Okay thank you !

If you have an installer for the Mac version on the CD, then it should work on the iMac.

Which version of ArtRage do you have on CD? I ask because you may find that ArtRage older than 3.5 will not work in Mavericks (latest operating system on current Macs). There was an update issued to solve this:

http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?45641

If you only have the Windows installer on the CD, you could always try registering it in the member area which should allow you to download the Mac version. Your single user license serial number allows you to use both versions should you wish...

http://www.artrage.com/faqs/purchasing-platforms/

Hope that helps.

Au revoir! (that's about the extent of my French)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrude View Post
    If you have an installer for the Mac version on the CD, then it should work on the iMac.

Which version of ArtRage do you have on CD? I ask because you may find that ArtRage older than 3.5 will not work in Mavericks (latest operating system on current Macs). There was an update issued to solve this:

http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?45641

If you only have the Windows installer on the CD, you could always try registering it in the member area which should allow you to download the Mac version. Your single user license serial number allows you to use both versions should you wish...

http://www.artrage.com/faqs/purchasing-platforms/

Hope that helps.

Au revoir! (that's about the extent of my French)
    Hi, first, thank you, i tryed something, i opened my artrage and i saw that my version is the 4.0.6 and then it says to me : download it for (version 4.5) : os X windows, or windows xp !

that's cool, but now i haven't yet dowloaded, i don't know if as you said it : if i go with the mac in the member area i could dowload one on mac.

Now i don't know if i could dowload it for os X and the new version for windows at the same time. should i try first download for mac and secondly for Windows or if i do it first for mac later i could not dowload it for windows...

That's a problem !!

finaly that's good french that you have here but i thought that all the american can just say in french "omelette de fromage" which is in reality "omelette AU fromage"

Au revoir !

!!!UPDATE!!!!!

when the window for the update is open you can choose all the new update so i took the Windows and the OS X, finally that's was very simple i just hope that i can took the software from the website now that i have the update for OS ^^ !! I thank you for having took your time for me !

bye, ciao, au revoir !!
    Last edited by Asmodheus; 08-13-2014 at 07:34 AM.

It's definitely okay to download for either Mac or Windows from the Member Area whenever you need the installer - We support both operating systems from a single license: It's your product so we believe you should be able to use it on your computer!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    It's definitely okay to download for either Mac or Windows from the Member Area whenever you need the installer - We support both operating systems from a single license: It's your product so we believe you should be able to use it on your computer!
    Hi !

I hope so, because I bought artrage the last year with the CD ( my dad has it, so we don't know where it is exactly ^^' ) and that's the point that i don't like.

I can't remember if when you buy it with the CD, you had to choose if it's for PC or MAC, or if you buy it and when you go to run the CD on your PC or MAC you choose PC or MAC. The CD is the same for both of them or is it especially once a special CD for Windows and another special one for MAC ?

If i say this it's because when i bought it the virtual software is came directly and i installed it directly on my PC. and i don't know how it happens when you install artrage with the CD.

In fact i just want to know if with the CD of artrage or if i connect myself to the member area with the imac i can set up artrage on the imac, because i don't really want to buy it again especially if i have it.

Thank you again to have answered me !