ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to save files with 4.5 on Mac OS X

Exclamation Unable to save files with 4.5 on Mac OS X

I am using Artrage for a very long time now and I really love it. It's my favourite app and I'm using it all the time...
    So I am going slightly panicky because I can't save any work with the 4.5 release
    Name:  10003947_613703352082781_8938501129853257551_n.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  11.0 KB

I've restarted the app, and my computer too (Mac)... it didn't change anything...

Can you please help?

Thanks...
    Frederique

[EDIT= I'm sorry I should have posted this within the technical part of the forum... Can it be moved?]
    Last edited by Frederieke; 08-12-2014 at 11:46 PM.
    You can join me on facebook : Frederique.Patiences

Hi, on a Mac here too but haven't had this happen to me yet.
    Doubt I can help directly, so you may have to wait till someone from AR is online to help, but can I ask if this is happening with:
    New files?
    Old files?
    Just one file in particular?
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    can I ask if this is happening with:
    New files?
    Old files?
    Just one file in particular?
    Hi and thanks for trying to help...

This happened on a new file I was working on since 1 hour I think
    and after shut down/restart, this happened with a brand new and empty canvas too...

As you have asked, I've just opened an old file and it neither can be to saved/saved as...

Thread has been moved to the Technical forum, as requested.

Frederieke, have you tried reinstalling the software yet? Perhaps something went wrong during the installation process, so it might be worth trying if you haven't already. Aside from that, you'll probably need to wait to hear from the AR team, for assistance. In the meantime, it might be worth listing what type of computer you're using, so they can help trouble shoot from a similar system, if they have it available.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Frederieke, have you tried reinstalling the software yet? Perhaps something went wrong during the installation process, so it might be worth trying if you haven't already.
    You made me hope! I've forgotten to uninstall and reinstall AR... So I've just try that but it still doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Aside from that, you'll probably need to wait to hear from the AR team, for assistance. In the meantime, it might be worth listing what type of computer you're using, so they can help trouble shoot from a similar system, if they have it available.
    I have sent Artrage support an email with more specs but you're right, I probably have to post them here too:

Name:  Capture décran 2014-08-12 à 14.52.09.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  51.1 KB

I really don't want to bother you as now I know programmers are looking into this bug... (but I miss my beloved AR)

Got the same problem

Hi Frederique,
    i`ve installed the new version this day on my macbook, too. Unfortunately the same error message was displayed after the work is done and i want to save it.
    the only way,i find out is to save it with the export function directly from the layersmenu. Otherwise ive no chance to get anything useful picture out.
    I hope the problem is not to difficult to fix.
    At the moment i try to deinstall and reinstall the new version.
    Best regards
    juergen

Quote Originally Posted by juergen schubert View Post
    Hi Frederique,
    i`ve installed the new version this day on my macbook, too. Unfortunately the same error message was displayed after the work is done and i want to save it.
    the only way,i find out is to save it with the export function directly from the layersmenu. Otherwise ive no chance to get anything useful picture out.
    I hope the problem is not to difficult to fix.
    At the moment i try to deinstall and reinstall the new version.
    Best regards
    juergen
    Unfortunately, reinstalling this release didn't help me... As I am an AR-addict and as I needed to save as PSD and don't want to lose any new "ptg" anymore, I finally choose to remove completely AR 4.5 and reinstall the 4.0.6 release instead (with the same serial)... Waiting for the fix !

Let's keep our fingers crossed !
    Frederique

We're looking in to this currently - We have had reports from a handful of people (around 5) who are experiencing this problem and we are working on tracking it down. It's not something we have seen on any of the Macs we've been working on so we're not sure of the exact cause. It appears to relate to the canvas bitmap but we don't have any more definite information yet.

For anyone experiencing this problem - please contact us at support@artrage.com and we can work with you to see if we can find out what's happening. We will also provide downloads of 4.0 for Mac OS X if you would like to keep using the product in the meantime while we work on finding out what's going on.

Sorry for the problem, hopefully we should be able to sort it out shortly!

Note: I edited the thread title for clarity so that other people with this problem can see what's happening.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Updated: We have just released the 4.5.1 update which should resolve this problem. Sorry for the inconvenience! You can download the latest version directly from the Member Area. For more information, see here.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    Updated: We have just released the 4.5.1 update which should resolve this problem. Sorry for the inconvenience! You can download the latest version directly from the Member Area. For more information, see here.
    Thank you very much ! I really appreciate how fast and careful is your help ! As I said by email & on facebook: You guys are great!
    Last edited by Frederieke; 08-13-2014 at 10:02 PM.