ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Undo not working in Scrap, 4.5

Undo not working in Scrap, 4.5

First, thanks for 4.5

I've found that Undo isn't working in Scrap.

Am I doing something wrong?

Has it changed its operation?

While I am at it and talking nonsense, is there a chance that Undo in Scrap could be made available to have its own shortcut-key assigned? I use it a lot; please, don't ask!

I hope I've posted this is the correct place.
    Last edited by Pat McDonald; 08-13-2014 at 05:04 AM.

The undo and redo shortcut keys don't undo operations in scraps. Scraps have their own undo system and you will need to use the undo/redo buttons on the scrap itself. A shortcut for that isn't really possible as you can have multiple scraps at any time so the shortcut wouldn't necessarily know which one to undo.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    A shortcut for that isn't really possible as you can have multiple scraps at any time so the shortcut wouldn't necessarily know which one to undo.
    Bummer... I had intended to recommend that as a future feature, too. I thought that having the mouse over the specific scrap window (assuming the user would've been drawing on it, if something needed to be undone on it) that it could have the "focus" of the program and the shortcuts could then be applied to it, rather then the main canvas. May have been useful for the "One stroke" method painting style artists.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks, Matt. Sorry, I wrote badly, I meant the Undo that is specific to scrap, not the general Undo that applies to the art work.

Sorry for being unclear. Normally I right-click on the Scrap window and select Undo. Could it be that I am doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Bummer... I had intended to recommend that as a future feature, too. I thought that having the mouse over the specific scrap window (assuming the user would've been drawing on it, if something needed to be undone on it) that it could have the "focus" of the program and the shortcuts could then be applied to it, rather then the main canvas. May have been useful for the "One stroke" method painting style artists.
    Good point, Someonesane. The real answer, of course, is to tackle (for me) the cause rather than the symptom. I use the Scrap as a mixer palette. A dedicated mixer palette with its own brush and palette knife would remove most of my 'mistakes'.

Thanks for letting us know. If you're on OS X , it appears that the right click undo option for scraps isn't working correctly. We've fixed this internally and this will be solved in our next update.

You can also undo any strokes you make on a scrap by moving over the scrap then clicking the undo arrow in the bottom border of the scrap ( the arrow pointing left ).
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

We've released an update which fixes this, so if you download the latest version ( 4.5.1 ) from the member area at http://members.artrage.com you should be able to access this option again via right click.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks Dave. Yes, I am on OS X.

I'm very impressed how you have handled this,

Again, thank you.

it works.

I've just downloaded it and tried it, it works.