ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRage 4.5 Grids

ArtRage 4.5 Grids

Got updated this morning, like the new colour picker feature and having a play around with grids. Just wondering if it is possible to set a different scale (or move the grid) on the reference image to the canvas so that I can plan composition, other wise using it as a guide depends on the size/resolution of the reference image (unless you're copying the layout and page proportions of the reference)?

You can't adjust the reference and the main canvas grids separately. Both will use the same settings from the Grid menu (and both allow you to Center the grid). However, this can have different results.

Squares : Both the canvas and the reference will be four squares across (for example). This means that you will need a reference of the same proportions if you want the grids to be identical, but it doesn't matter how big the reference image is.

Pixels: These are fixed into 'squares', rather than number of lines across. The lines are a fixed difference apart, rather than a fixed number within the image, so are probably closer to what you are looking for. These are affected by the original image size, but not the proportions.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Hannah. My artrage is. 4.6. Would I have a grid. If yes. Can you tell how to find it ??
    Also don't forget I'm in my 86 th yeah young . So please don't get technical as I'm not
    Very good at Chinese Ok. Thanks. Eighty + Kia Ora

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Hannah. My artrage is. 4.6. Would I have a grid. If yes. Can you tell how to find it ??
    Also don't forget I'm in my 86 th yeah young . So please don't get technical as I'm not
    Very good at Chinese Ok. Thanks. Eighty + Kia Ora
    Do you mean 4.0.6? We don't have a 4.6 out yet!

If you have 4.0.6 then you do not have grids. You can update to 4.5 from members.artrage.com
    If you do not know how to register, read: http://www.artrage.com/faqs/register-artrage/

If you are using Windows XP, then you cannot update. If you are using Windows Vista, 7 or 8, or if you use Mac OS 10.6 or later, then you can get 4.5
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!