ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Problem Using Toolboxes In AR4.5 That Were Made In AR4

Problem Using Toolboxes In AR4.5 That Were Made In AR4

In AR4.5 has something changed about how AR finds items in a Toolbox?
    Whilst I can load a Toolbox made in AR4 into a painting in AR4.5, when I attempt to select a tool within it I get the following message:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 11.16.12.png
Views: 71
Size:  42.1 KB
    I would add that I have made no changes to my file structures, i.e. manually moving files to different locations which would prevent AR4.5 from finding the correct file.
    Last edited by markw; 08-11-2014 at 09:26 PM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

If you select the Pencil tool and open the Presets Panel, then make sure that the 'Pencil' category is selected, do you see a preset called Hard Shader? This error generally indicates that a preset has been moved or deleted from the location it was previously in and cannot be found.

Update: I can see this too. Checking my notes, I remember something about this...
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Okay, I think I remember what happened here: There was actually a bug in the toolbox system prior to 4.5 that we had to fix in the latest update to solve some problems that became apparent in testing. That bug means that older toolbox files contain the wrong Tool ID for the collection a stored toolbox preset appears in. As a result, presets from older toolbox files may not work properly in 4.5 even if the preset appears to be in the correct place.

I'll do some more research but I think that's what is happening here.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

It's happening with all tools in a toolbox.
    After some more experimenting I notice that the Tool Group icon is changing at the time of clicking on any given tool in the toolbox.
    Example:
    I load a toolbox of Watercolour tools.
    Then try to select a brush from the Toolbox. Instead of the tool groupe icon showing a Watercolour brush it changes to the Gloop Pen.
    If that is where AR is now trying to find watercolour brush presets it would explain why it's not finding them!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

The incorrect data stored in toolboxes saved prior to 4.5 is why you're seeing that problem. In fixing some other issues and expanding on some toolbox functionality the old bug became apparent and we had to fix it, which led to the 4.5 version being incompatible with the previous toolboxes but actually containing the correct data.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.