ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Tablet?

Tablet?

So.. I killed my tablet pen.
    I've taken it apart, and now it reacts, but doesn't quite work. I'm going to get my dad to look at it, but I'm seriously thinking about getting a new tablet, as a new pen would cost me 41,45euro/$55,49.

But if I went out and got a new one, what should I go for?
    ATM I have a wacom bamboo fun. I'm a creature of habit, so would like something similar, or something different but easy to get the hang of.
    Price is also an issue. I'm prepared to spend the money to get a good quality tablet, but not to get a pro quality tablet.
    I actually found someone selling a used bamboo fun + pen for $32,33. Not sure what state it's in though... I find it hard to tell by looking at pictures.

If it was me, I would just get a new pen if you were happy with your tablet before introducing it's pen to the existence of tea.
    Taxes and shipping are variables, but I'm seeing a new pen, from Wacom's European site, as costing 34.90 (260+/- DKK) That's only 2.57 more than the second hand tablet you've seen of unknown quality...
    Last edited by markw; 08-10-2014 at 10:59 PM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Thank you for the relpy.

My dad looked at the pen, and it seems to work.
    But it's still acting a bit weird. I might end up looking for an other pen in the end.
    I just don't get why they are so darn expensive, compared to what the tablet cost me to start with, and the minimal ammount of electronics in it.

Glad it mostly working for you again.
    At least you can look around for alternatives at your leisure now and take some time if you want to change it.
    True the quantity of electronics contained within is small but its the quality/accuracy of what they do that matters. And that costs.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Give it a week to dry out properly. I put mine through a washing machine once and it took a few days before it worked again.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

markw:
    As mentioned before, my dad/parents works with this sort of thing for a living, and even though it might be precise, IMO it's way overpriced if you look at what's inside the pen and how it works.

Hannah:
    My dad told me the same thing Now I'm just waiting and seeing how it turns out.
    I have a way with electronics. I always seem to break them in the weirdest ways - it's a gift really...

Could be worse. You could have accidentally mistook it for a paintbrush and dipped into your tea to wash it off (my sister's notorious for doing that with her real brushes).
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

LOL - that would be so nasty xD

A question for you Hannah:
    How are the different languages implemented?
    I just noticed the languages available when getting the new update. Is it a question of staff nationalities, or how many from a certain country buying the software?