ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Masking Areas

Masking Areas

Hi!

I have made a Comic-Figure with ArtRage Studio Pro and want to color it.
    I use the selection-Tool and use the magic wand on the Areas. The lines are made with the Ink Pen and so there are some "white" Areas between the Lines and the Coloring Area.
    I try to change the settings in "Spread", but there are always white borders between the Areas.
    Is there a chance to make the masked Area to the middle of the Line, and not where the Line really ended?

The Second is:
    If i select an Area freehand or via paint Area, and use it on an own layer (or maybe more on one layer), is there a chance to SAVE the selection? It is often, that i work on an Area and later i want to change the Area again and the i have to select it again, in some cases, it will take much time to select komplex Areas, so i wish often, to save the Selection(Maybe with the Layer).

I Hope my bad English is Okay, and someone can explain
    You Can answer in German too (Maybe better vor me )

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zwischenablage01.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	187.5 KB 
ID:	82269  

Quote Originally Posted by anorak View Post
    Hi!

I have made a Comic-Figure with ArtRage Studio Pro and want to color it.
    I use the selection-Tool and use the magic wand on the Areas. The lines are made with the Ink Pen and so there are some "white" Areas between the Lines and the Coloring Area.
    I try to change the settings in "Spread", but there are always white borders between the Areas.
    Is there a chance to make the masked Area to the middle of the Line, and not where the Line really ended?
    This happens because the edge is 'smoothed' using semi-transparent pixels. The Fill tool is stopping when it reaches those pixels.

To fix this

a) Fill the colour on a layer underneath the selected layer.

or

b) Turn "Antialias Edge" (Kantenglättung) OFF on the Ink Pen and Fill tool (this will stop it smoothing the edges out).

Quote Originally Posted by anorak View Post
    The Second is:
    If i select an Area freehand or via paint Area, and use it on an own layer (or maybe more on one layer), is there a chance to SAVE the selection? It is often, that i work on an Area and later i want to change the Area again and the i have to select it again, in some cases, it will take much time to select komplex Areas, so i wish often, to save the Selection(Maybe with the Layer).

The best way is to make a stencil out of that area. You can then use it whenever you need it.

1. Create a new layer
    2. Fill the selection with a solid colour
    3. Turn it into a stencil (Layer panel > Menu > Last entry: create stencil from layer contents)
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

With regard to your first question about filling an area, see my post here for how I like to do it: http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...687#post459687
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)