ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The Desert Oasis

The Desert Oasis

Well I have not been around here much lately, busy with other time consuming things like working on the upkeep and update of my web site and learning a new program for 3D animation called Blender with the help of some books.
    Anyway I do have a recent painting that was started in Art Rage 2.5 and then completed with another software program.
    The image with just the landscape scenery was done in Art Rage 2.5. The second image with the barricaded man in a casket was completed with another graphic arts program.
    The idea for this painting was a bit of humor related to some abstract in depth ideas of symbolic objects. The sand surrounding the barricaded structure was intended to represent what computer chips are made of. The RIP sign is suggesting that although dead and barricaded from the outside world the person there is resting in peace with the use of computers. This may be a personal thing or universally interpreted for anyone using computer sand made chips. Without some hints of what this painting means someone looking may not understand or come up with something else as the interpretation of the meaning behind this painting. That is alright too, whatever works for the viewer, yet my personal expression is explained here.

I have just ordered Art Rage 4 and looking forward to seeing what type of features are new compared to Art Rage 2.5.
    Attachment 82251Attachment 82252Attachment 82251Attachment 82252
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Composition Start Up for The Desert Oasis.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	261.6 KB 
ID:	82253  
    Last edited by Stephen Lo Piano; 08-02-2014 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Made mistake on Managing Attachments Got Double images
    The very first digital art program that I worked with Art Rage 1

You may visit my personally designed website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

The Desert Oasis

Here is the completed image painting from where the Art Rage first image was a derivative.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Desert Oasis.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	489.8 KB 
ID:	82254  

There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Very interesting....
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 08-03-2014 at 05:12 AM.

I agree, really interesting!

You'll love AR4, it's a nice jump up from earlier versions.

You'll love AR4

Quote Originally Posted by hildee View Post
    I agree, really interesting!

You'll love AR4, it's a nice jump up from earlier versions.
    Well I have many started images with Art Rage 1 and 2.5 that need to be completed. Will attempt to complete some of them with Art Rage 4.

I will also attempt to use Art Rage 4 with Blender 2.66. There is a procedure there where you take a mesh model and unwrap it by the seams, from there you can export it in a jpg or png format for painting in other programs. I think the air brush in Art Rage might work well with exported images for coloring and painting.
    Last edited by Stephen Lo Piano; 08-03-2014 at 03:29 AM.

Hi Stephen! Welcome back! Glad to see again Your paintings and Your unique style reminding me somehow of many self-taught great master painters like Rousseau, Ligabue or Frida Kahlo ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very effective stage for your comments. It's as if it speaks of symbolic surrealism which always begs the question of what is it that the artist is saying. Music is in the colors, and lyrics are in the design and recognizable subjects you included on this canvas. Lots of attention to how the paint was employed, where it almost takes on a certain decorative quality for the items you depict. Makes it all seem very deliberate, and like a pictograph puzzle that's engaging. Go Stephen Go!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Love your work, done with confidence and patience and so very interesting, welcome back

Thank You Message

Thanks to all for your time and consideration, most appreciated.