ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Dual screen and using both screens at once.

Dual screen and using both screens at once.

Vital statistics:
    ArtRage 4.0.6, paid version
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Asus Eee slate EP121 + 1080p Asus monitor

Hi

Is it possible to set up Artrage 4 in such a way as to have the work space (canvas + panels etc) down on the touch screen, with a full screen thumbnail showing on the second screen (the entire image at a preset zoom, as opposed to duplicating the touch screen)?

I use this layout on other software and find it extremely useful, but haven't been able to find any such feature in AR4 as yet.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Yes, I often have a thumbnail of my whole canvas open on my second monitor.
    Open the 'Reference' panel and click on 'New View', that will open a second instance/thumbnail of the canvas which you can scale and drag to wherever you want it. As a bonus you can also paint in this second view as well if you want!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2014-07-30 at 10.52.35.png
Views: 129
Size:  64.6 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    I use a Wacom Cintiq, one main monitor and a secondary monitor. But, I have two graphic cards. I assume you can use your tablet/monitor on the same graphic card as your main monitor and that there will be no conflict.

That being said, I often open AR on the Cintiq and simple drag the floating menus and thumbnails onto the adjacent monitor as I work. It is great.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Thanks for your help, much better!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Osaka View Post
    I use a Wacom Cintiq, one main monitor and a secondary monitor. But, I have two graphic cards. I assume you can use your tablet/monitor on the same graphic card as your main monitor and that there will be no conflict.
    The tablet's an all in one PC that uses the second screen as an extended desktop, no issues with driver conflicts thankfully.