ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Line Thickness Problem

Line Thickness Problem

Hey everyone!

I opened up ArtRage as usual, about to use my Wacom Tablet as usual, and when I drew a line, the line thickness started changing while I was drawing.
    It's never done this before, the line pressure is usually just affected by the initial pen pressure, and changing pressure whilst drawing didn't affect anything.
    Now, while I draw a line, the width changes based on the pressure during the drawing of a line.

I hadn't changed any settings (that I know of). I'm using the Ink Pen, and I also reset my preferences to see if that did anything. As you can probably guess, it didn't. I tried restarting my tablet drivers, etc. No luck. Let me know if you have an idea on how to fix it!

Thanks in advance!

--
    Cosmic Manta

PS: I tried enabling and disabling various tablet related features in the preferences. No luck.

That actually sounds like what it's supposed to do. (The previous situation is not the way ArtRage is meant to behave. Was pressure originally working normally on other tools for you?)

If you'd like the Ink Pen not to react to changing pressure from your tablet, trying increasing Pressure in the Settings panel up to 100% (This will cause it to draw at 'full' pressure, so that there is no room for varying it with your tablet).
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Ah, ok. Thanks So I'll just stick to using shift to change the line thickness, then. Any idea as to why it was doing that in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Manta View Post
    Ah, ok. Thanks So I'll just stick to using shift to change the line thickness, then. Any idea as to why it was doing that in the first place?
    My first guess would be something to do with the tablet drivers, but it is pretty odd - especially if this was the only tool doing it. If it ever comes back, we'd be very interested in troubleshooting it.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!