ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost Asleep

Almost Asleep

a dreamscape, of forms and colored movement just at the edge of perception..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Almost Asleep.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	501.1 KB 
ID:	82160  

'Almost Asleep', some feat if you have this imagery swirling around in your head...

Freakin love this Gary...The character, his features, the doodads and doodaas within the image are wild to say the least. Makes me think of how it would be trying to get to sleep after having diner with Tim Burton, Thomas Boatwright, Wassily Kandinsky and of course Alfred Gockel....
    Very very cool!!!!
    Check out "Alfred Gockel homage to kandinsky"..http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3137/2...edf015e716.jpg Came to mind after seeing your painting.
    Or I could have gone with...Who's the crazed dude with the cigar wearing the derby hat?
    Take care friend,
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 07-28-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Freakin love this Gary...The character, his features, the doodads and doodaas within the image are wild to say the least. Makes me think of how it would be trying to get to sleep after having diner with Tim Burton, Thomas Boatwright, Wassily Kandinsky and of course Alfred Gockel....
    Very very cool!!!!

Or I could have gone with...Who's the crazed dude with the cigar wearing the derby hat?
    Wow thanks Steve for the encouraging comments. I was not familiar with Alfred Gockel but looked him up, I feel like I just found my artistic brother!... love his colors, lines and lyrical abstract figures, and musical instruments, I will have to look at more of his work... so a BIG THANK YOU for that tip !..

Again with a stunner! you're on a roll. Now go back to sleep. . . but only a little ways so we can look in. . .

Go Van Winkle! A right Ripster ye are, laddie. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Lovely, lovely, lovely Gary! Lots of drifty dreamy stuff, and then those beautiful lines.......

I can really see what you painted! Awesome! I didn't know it could be actually painted! .. I'm glad to see You don't have nightmares, but marvellous colorful transitions ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Wink

Seems quite nightmare-ish to me, but maybe that says more about my mindset

I see a large insect creature with 3 big, sharp, blooded teeth rising through a bed (viewed from above) to engulf and devour the dreamer.

I like it

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Again with a stunner! you're on a roll. Now go back to sleep. . . but only a little ways so we can look in. . .

Go Van Winkle! A right Ripster ye are, laddie. . .
    LOL... thanks my friend there are qualities in this I like that softness that has crept in in a few of my recent works..

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Lovely, lovely, lovely Gary! Lots of drifty dreamy stuff, and then those beautiful lines.......
    Hi Robyn, I was thinking about you and wondering how things are going , as I haven't seen any postings from you as of late. Hope your new acrylics are keeping you happy and busy and not visits to the MRI machine room...

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I can really see what you painted! Awesome! I didn't know it could be actually painted! .. I'm glad to see You don't have nightmares, but marvellous colorful transitions ...
    Thanks Caesar, I frequently have these fragments of shapes and colors moving around just as I go to sleep, sometimes I can organize them and I try to remember them for future works, not always successful at that. They are a language with its own meanings , but in this work I was able to allow the process to work while at my computer... a lucid dreaming as it were... btw.... congrats to Vincenzo Nibali's impressive victory in the Tour de France..
    Last edited by gxhpainter2; 07-29-2014 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrude View Post
    Seems quite nightmare-ish to me, but maybe that says more about my mindset

I see a large insect creature with 3 big, sharp, blooded teeth rising through a bed (viewed from above) to engulf and devour the dreamer.

I like it
    Bertrude, well I will leave that interpretation to you, .... but thanks for commenting

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    A brilliant abstract my friend...very nice.....
    thanks kenmo