ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: UI — Minimize keyboard need for PC tablet users

UI — Minimize keyboard need for PC tablet users

Hello!

I am enjoying ArtRage more and more, yet one thing that might be good to improve in the UI is avoid relying on keyboard for tablet users (a Wacom, for instance). In general ArtRage is really good in this regard, yet some things still require me to reach for the keys — ones I noticed in today's drawing session are:

1) Changing layer opacity opens a numeric input, and no way to “drag” the opacity value. I can't remember if I saw more numeric inputs, yet I'd assume all of them would be stylus-unfriendly. In brush settings there are a lot of nice 0—100% sliders which would suit the job really well.
    2) It is not possible to change brush size above 100%, while it is possible (and sometimes useful) with the “]” key.

There are probably more, yet these two feel a little disruptive, especially when I am “into” drawing and ArtRage starts feeling like second nature

Best regards,
    Anton

Layer opacity can be changed by clicking and dragging on the opacity icon for the layer, clicking does trigger numeric input but a drag should work to change the value directly.

Brush size over 100% is technically an unsupported feature and we didn't want to make it too easy to drag in to that territory which is why it's capped but we can certainly consider revising that in the future.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hello Matt!

Thank you, click-dragging opacity is a nice lifehack! I think I tried doing it before, yet did it sideways, not vertically, so just assumed there is no such functionality Perhaps a task for your team to think about feature-discovery here, as it is not at all obvious.

About the brush-size — I understand, with a stylus it is easy to fly off the chart (though the change speed seems to be slow enough to prevent it).

Thanks for your response and explanation!

Anton