Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: my lil' gallery

Gallery
    View images

my lil' gallery

Hey there,

only recently I found Artrage 2 and was blown away. It takes a moment to get into the groove, so to say, but I'm learning with great pleasure. Took me a while to realize the power of the basic paint brush and its thinner amounts, but I'm starting to get it...

This is my first bigger "painting" and the third experiment with it and took about 3 hours (lot's of testing around)

[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atreecity_182.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	5800  

Gallery
    View images

tree city

Taron i think you did excellent with this., very good

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Taron,

Welcome to the forum. I can see your third expirement was made after trying lots of different tools. Really nice tree drawing and the color blending. Looks like you're having fun with AR.

Do you use a reference pic or just your imagination. I like the composition of it.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanx a lot, that's really friendly!

I'm still quite clumbsy in it, but I think I'm getting it piece by piece. I just love how it feels. It's so unbelievable and almost mean that it's a $20 software, because it truely is a unique experience to paint in it and the results do not reveal at all that it's such a low budget app. I've written and released software myself, although of a somewhat different kind (after effects - plugins (ZbornToy)), but I'm put to shame about the price I have to ask for in order to approach anything like a living with it.

Anyway, it's an amazing blast to paint with ArtRage, I just wished it had two more typical real life painting features: masking and brushtip tapping.

Thank you again for the instant feedback!

Gallery
    View images
    Uh, fast replies, haha... hey Pai! Thanx for welcoming me!

No reference, just doodling around. I love the technique of simply laying down a gradient from background to foreground and then dragging out shapes to suggest elements vanishing in haze and fog. It's very quick and freeform and allows a very dimensional sensation without any real effort.

I've tried out loads of thinner on the paint brush to get the smoother transitions and then totally harsh paint for the tree. I've used only a bit of knife, pencil and some insignificant touches with the wax crayon (haha, I don't even know the names of the tools, jeee.).

I could upload my first two tests, too...hmm...in those I went a little wilder with the different tools. Hmmm...

ok... here:
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Gallery
    View images
    Ooh, stunning stuff, Taron. Welcome to the forum. Tree city is fantastic. Nice idea and well painted.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    WOW !! what a style and you're fast to creating the first two drawings. They can tell you have drawing skill. Also, I have checked out the ZbornToy. You're another talented programmer.

Me, I'm no painter or know anything about digital drawing, I just start learn to draw since February when I found this Art Rage. Hope you see more of your work here.

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you, Andy! I'm kind of excited to bounce into this forum. I'm browsing through the submissions and there are so many fantastic pieces. It's a great pleasure to join in!

I hope that I can soon even contribute with some tips and tricks, because it feels like AR is full of magic that can be shared. Sounds a little funny, I know. I'm looking forward to learning from the masters in here, too, who post such amazing pictures that just scream of traditional art origin.

Also, I'm already thrilled by the fast and positive replies! I already feel very welcome!

Gallery
    View images
    Uh, I can't keep up replying, hahaha!

Hey, Pai! Well, it looks much like you've made a fantastic choice! Digital painting is a beautiful way to get into all this and AR is a dream come true for everyone, i think, but particularely for starters! It's deceiving simplicity gives you such a fast ride into it and the instant appeal by the beautiful paint simulation really gives some instant gratification.

However, there are certain methods which make it easy to get to interesting results without having been trained as an artist, i think. And I'd love to share those with you, too!

I personally have by now decades of experiences behind me with digital art, doing 3d arts and animation as well as 2d pixel grafics (20 years ago that was the way to go!), but my digital painting "carreer" in this current style is very young. I've started...hmm...I think 2005 with full paintings, using openCanvas, actually and later some photoshop. I did see AR back then, but felt like I didn't have any control. Why and how it so happened, that I now so quickly begin to become ecstatic with AR2, I don't quite know, but anyway...enough about me!

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Taron, wow!
    Great work looking forward to seeing more