ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Some work worth sharing

Some work worth sharing

I ran across this and thought it cool enough to share: https://www.behance.net/Gallery/Sketchbook/340060

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

Now THAT is sketch book pro(fessional)!

What happens when the screw up a page? Do they do a self-flagellation and start the whole book over? Bleedin' medieval clerics. . . They don't call it a book of days for nothin'. Beauty! Thanks for the look in.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    What happens when the screw up a page? ....
    That's my biggest issue with ink. I make way too many mistakes. I bought a nice set of Prismacolor markers but am afraid to use them.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

Have no ANGST, buy perforated sketchbooks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gms9810 View Post
    That's my biggest issue with ink. I make way too many mistakes. I bought a nice set of Prismacolor markers but am afraid to use them.
    Everybody is no perfect. I had that ANGST too before, sometimes I have it still. But now I always buy sketchbooks with perforated pages, easy to tear out. Those perfectionist sketchbookers makes sketches before they draws the final sketch in the final "sketchbook". Be sure of that. They have ANGST of showing their imperfection.

The sketchbook is for me a way of thinking and the evidence of thinking. It is trying out, struggling with the subject, searching for solutions, it is all there in the lines of the sketch. That is the true beauty of sketching. The perfection is not the goal, the goal is the road to travel along to reach a satifying expression. Sometimes the eraser is an enemy, the eraser is reducing and removing the evidence of the steps and strides along that road.

So after the sketching is done i tear the page out, scan it or put it on the lightboard to make a copy and refine it to the final rendering. Most often to find that it lost all its charm that was in that sketch.

P.S. I use Daler-Rowney Ivory sketchbooks with micro perforated pages. They can be torn out without damaging the book binding.