ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Painting different from original after playing script.

Painting different from original after playing script.

Hi,

I used the script to record my process but I'm having an issue while playing the file. The result is different from the original.
    I used aibrush tool and a custom sticker tool (imported photoshop brushes). The sticker tool is the one who has the most differetn render. I used it for the hair and beard and it seems it didn't record the opacity and/or pen pressure.
    I'd really like to make a video of the process. How can I fix this ?

On the left is the original painting and on the right is what I get after I played the script.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peter_Jackson_YoY_1200.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	209.8 KB 
ID:	81946

I believe that the recording of pressure/opacity results in the sticker spray is working but it looks like this might be a layer opacity issue - There was a bug in an earlier version of ArtRage that prevented layer opacity changes being recorded in some situations. If the hair is on a different layer could you check the opacity of that layer is correct after recording? If it matches the original then we would need to look in to the situation further - Could you let us know which version of ArtRage you recorded the script in (exact version number if possible) and we can do some research.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I'm afraid this doesn't come from the layer opacity as all layers have their opacity set to 100 % on the original painting, except for the sketch layer which is set to 0%. Cannot check right now on the script version because I did it on another computer(the one on wich I created the painting) and it would take to long to play it again from the computer I'm using right now (about 5 hours). Anyway, I don't see how the sticker appears darker if the the layers are originaly set to 100 %.
    About the ArtRage version, I'm using the ArtRage studio pro 3.5.5.

If the layers were originally 100% that isn't the cause. It's possible that this was caused by a bug in the version you were using, 3.5.11 is the latest version and we have fixed a number of scripting issues since 3.5.5 so you should update. At this point our best bet would be to take a look at the script and see if we can work out what is happening - If you contact us at support@artrage.com we can look at how we can get it from you to look in to it further.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.