ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Where do we go from here

Where do we go from here

Had NO idea when i started this and No idea when i finished it,putting paint down,using different tools like blenders,knife....where do we go from here?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	where do we go from here.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	81857  

I think we sail on to the next painting. Awesome atmosphere. You really got in some good effects, especially in the mid section of the water -- how it sorta has some fog rolling in. Good one Rondo!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you D Akey,I often wonder if a painting or a work of art or even......fruits of you imagination(like in this case),needs a soul,needs a reason to be? Are only certain paintings designated to have a soul, a purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    Thank you D Akey,I often wonder if a painting or a work of art or even......fruits of you imagination(like in this case),needs a soul,needs a reason to be? Are only certain paintings designated to have a soul, a purpose?
    If a tree falls in the forest does it make a noise? Depends who it's falling on and if they're fast enough to get out of the way. I mean did it make a noise if they don't live to tell the tale?

Um. . . well yeah, in a sense. I mean I can't speak for all artists, but if there isn't an intention to infuse soul into a painting on the part of the artist, it's possible there still might be soul stuff in it for someone else. If the artist doesn't acknowledge soul, it doesn't mean the painting doesn't have one because if the viewer lives with a consciousness of a soul it could be given soul after the fact in that personal relationship because that's the language that the viewer brings to it.

Paintings are springboards for humans to react to. What bell it rings inside the individual depends a whole lot on the person looking at the art -- whether they've exercised those elements of themselves or not so they can see through that filter. Some people don't want to know from soul. Some seek it out. I would think that whatever paradigm the viewer (and/or artist) is operating within, that's the language within which they will feel the 'Ping!'

As the artist, if you want that, then that's what you go after -- if you want to run out to the limits doing something that has phenomenal potential. It's like you have undifferentiated stem cell material. Where do you want to use it? What do you want to turn its use to? Different people would use it to create a soul, or a heart, or a gut or T&A or a funny bone or eyes or a brain, etc etc. And the same artist could want each painting to do different work.

Dunno. What do you think? Your question suggests you have some interesting notions along these lines and I would love to hear them.
    Last edited by D Akey; 07-11-2014 at 06:25 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Nice. I love how well you've captured the undulation of the sea. Very effective.

Ok ok rondo. I've got my. Water wings so I'm off to swim the channel see yuh in Paris
    Champagne on you. Cheers Kia Ora