ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Will 4.5 support sticker spray tilt?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    26

    Will 4.5 support sticker spray tilt?

    As the title says. I am thrilled that AR is implementing pen tilt, however I never use the pencil tool anymore, as there are some really awesome custom sticker sprays that knock it out of the water. So, is there a definitive yay or nay on whether pen tilt will be an option for sticker spray?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    2,874
    The Sticker Spray does support the Pen Tilt (as well as Rotation). It's just up to the creator of the presets to decided on whether to utilize the option or not. If you open the Variations Panel for the Sticker Spray (the options can be found on the Settings Panel, when the Sticker Spray is selected), you'll see the controls for the "Pen Tilt" along the top of the chart.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    The Sticker Spray does support the Pen Tilt (as well as Rotation). It's just up to the creator of the presets to decided on whether to utilize the option or not. If you open the Variations Panel for the Sticker Spray (the options can be found on the Settings Panel, when the Sticker Spray is selected), you'll see the controls for the "Pen Tilt" along the top of the chart.
    I see, thanks. So we can tweak the settings ourselves?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesmcalli View Post
    I see, thanks. So we can tweak the settings ourselves?
    If you're using ArtRage Studio Pro or ArtRage 4, you can. Here's where you should be looking:

    (EDIT) - Also note that all of the marks in the screen shot below were made with the single preset I'm showing in the variations panel. You can see that the only dial I have set for "Pressure" is the "Alpha", which means the amount of pressure I'm putting on the tool only changes the opacity of the mark, and doesn't do anything to change the scale or width of the mark. The variances of width you see happening all come from the either the tilt of my pen or the direction I'm pointing it in at the time of creating the mark.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tilt.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	81839
    Last edited by Someonesane; 07-11-2014 at 03:53 AM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    If you're using ArtRage Studio Pro or ArtRage 4, you can. Here's where you should be looking:

    (EDIT) - Also note that all of the marks in the screen shot below were made with the single preset I'm showing in the variations panel. You can see that the only dial I have set for "Pressure" is the "Alpha", which means the amount of pressure I'm putting on the tool only changes the opacity of the mark, and doesn't do anything to change the scale or width of the mark. The variances of width you see happening all come from the either the tilt of my pen or the direction I'm pointing it in at the time of creating the mark.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tilt.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	81839

    Outstanding, thanks.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    SomeoneSane is amazing with the depth of his ArtRage knowledge. And so helpful as well. I learn a lot just following other people's questions being answered.

    Thanks SOS!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesmcalli View Post
    Outstanding, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    SomeoneSane is amazing with the depth of his ArtRage knowledge. And so helpful as well. I learn a lot just following other people's questions being answered.

    Thanks SOS!
    No problem
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •