ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Concentration

Concentration

a simple compositional element built by a complex structure, hope you enjoy this experiment. I know this will be no challenge to AndreaMG to find a source image...just too easy...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Concentration.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	470.8 KB 
ID:	81826  

You're so good with colours Gary, and I can feel myself getting focused as I travel to the centre!

Cool. I feel like I'm a bit of an archer. Seeking direction, as it were -- something of a speeding background behind a super hero, only this time, rather than a lateral diagonal zip, the viewer is the super hero zooming straight in to the rescue. . .

Remember that old wire frame video game StunRunner? where you were piloting a sled through a curving tunnel? That kind of effect is what I feel with the curves whipping past me creating the illusion of diving in as I go.

I can't help but recall when Syd Barrett's father Daedalus was writing for Pink Floyd, he penned (in ancient Greek) the lesser known "Set your controls for the heart of the sun, son. . ." A little too Country and a wee bit too Red for the likes of Pink. Besides, when in digital, the wax holding the feathers on doesn't melt -- unless you want it to. Different times. Different climbs.

Go man go!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A cosmical marvel! You can manage any challenging palette and make a fantastic show out of it. What's the nexy phase then? implosion or genesis of a neutronic star?
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Let me concentrate ... just too easy Dear Gary you have done a wonderful rendering of an infrared satellite photo of the April 2011 St Louis tornado (http://www.ustornadoes.com/2013/04/1...united-states/). Regards

Name:  ir_st_louis_tornado_april_2011.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  124.6 KB
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 07-10-2014 at 08:47 PM.
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Gary - Your innovation and ability to create these abstracts really shines... Another fine work my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    You're so good with colours Gary, and I can feel myself getting focused as I travel to the centre!
    thanks Robyn, I am looking forward to seeing what you paint with those exquisite new acrylics!..

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Cool. I feel like I'm a bit of an archer. Seeking direction, as it were -- something of a speeding background behind a super hero, only this time, rather than a lateral diagonal zip, the viewer is the super hero zooming straight in to the rescue. . .

Remember that old wire frame video game StunRunner? where you were piloting a sled through a curving tunnel? That kind of effect is what I feel with the curves whipping past me creating the illusion of diving in as I go.

I can't help but recall when Syd Barrett's father Daedalus was writing for Pink Floyd, he penned (in ancient Greek) the lesser known "Set your controls for the heart of the sun, son. . ." A little too Country and a wee bit too Red for the likes of Pink. Besides, when in digital, the wax holding the feathers on doesn't melt -- unless you want it to. Different times. Different climbs.

Go man go!
    sorry DAkey after pong I was not much into gaming , so I will take you word for it..thanks for dropping by and your commentary

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    A cosmical marvel! You can manage any challenging palette and make a fantastic show out of it. What's the nexy phase then? implosion or genesis of a neutronic star?
    LOL dear Caesar, as a matter of fact I was taking this image and was revising it to be a " genesis of a neutronic star" so I will be posting in when I am done in a couple of days or so.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Let me concentrate ... just too easy Dear Gary you have done a wonderful rendering of an infrared satellite photo of the April 2011 St Louis tornado (http://www.ustornadoes.com/2013/04/1...united-states/). Regards

Name:  ir_st_louis_tornado_april_2011.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  124.6 KB
    AndreaMG I don't know which is more fun doing these painting or seeing what source imagery you can find. this is a remarkable find even the colors !!..

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Gary - Your innovation and ability to create these abstracts really shines... Another fine work my friend...
    thanks kenmo!.. it is hard work, sometimes things go well and I get a sense of clarity and purpose and other times I struggle badly and create such messes.. but I have learned over the years that even the messes can lead some where and are an important part of my process.... thanks for all your supportive comments over the years.

Can I play......

Very cool Gary.....first to come to mind is a massive galaxy, just don't know which one it reminds me of, there's maybe 170 billion to chose from. Then again, that's what I first saw....there could be a academic association, differential geometry, diachronic behaviour through space and time or simply a calculated image rendered by a computer or us...well, you!....Could be the HAL 9000 contemplating his next painting, the image kinda reminds me of his red camera lens, is it a time portal, a not so black black hole, Robyn is being drawn to the center of it.
    Anyway, I like it what ever it is....
    Take care Gary,
    Steve

Ah Ha! Found it....Spitzer M81.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    AndreaMG I don't know which is more fun doing these painting or seeing what source imagery you can find. this is a remarkable find even the colors !!..
    You're welcome Dear Gary, it's so fun for me too!! Anyways your work is terrific as usual.

Good one Dear Steve!
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)