ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: double paint on brush

double paint on brush

When I choose a brush, no matter which, and apply color to the canvas, sometimes the brush has a color and white with it, sort of side by side or mixed in. I do not know what I do to make this happen. It is a little disturbing when I want a pure hue. Anyone know why white is added and how to turn it off? Thanks

Humm… not quite sure what you are describing there.
    My first guess is that you have turned on the colour's "Metallic" setting which will be applied to all tools and that's what you are seeing. But it could be something else…
    Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?
    Name:  Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 17.48.06.png
Views: 79
Size:  257.5 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

double paint on brush

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    When I choose a brush, no matter which, and apply color to the canvas, sometimes the brush has a color and white with it, sort of side by side or mixed in. I do not know what I do to make this happen. It is a little disturbing when I want a pure hue. Anyone know why white is added and how to turn it off? Thanks
    What you suggest is possible but I thought the brush had more white than what we see with metallic. I cleared the art since it was a sample trying out the various brushes and changing their sizes. Thus I was unable to duplicate the problem, for now. It made we wonder if it is possible to lay two colors down together, like one can do with a real brush? Still testing. If duplicated, I will let you know with an image.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora
    It made we wonder if it is possible to lay two colors down together, like one can do with a real brush?
    Yes, certain tools do have an "Auto Clean" option that may be turned off, such at the Oil Brush, Paint Roller and Watercolor tools (One Stroke Method). When it's off, the tools will pick up the wet paint left behind on the canvas and will be included on the next the stroke you make with that tool. However, this wouldn't follow through to every tool, which you said had happened to you, so unless you just happened to be choosing the specific tools that make use of the Auto Clean feature and had somehow managed to turn that feature off for each of them (the settings for each of the tools is independent), I doubt it was that.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Are you painting directly onto a canvas you have 'filled' with white? You brush will pick up from that white, see:

Attachment 81827