ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poppies

Poppies

I have been spending a lot of time experimenting and practicing with watercolour brushes and papers and I'm quite happy how this one turned out. I did use a reference image but no tracing or colour selecting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poppies-th.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	81814

You can certainly be happy and proud of this marvel You got! Really fine watercolor!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

it is beautiful flower ,beautif watercolor!

I love the blossoms especially. The leaves look a little more opaque, but that comes with painting green on green within a very close value range.

The lovely red and green wet blending really works because you can let the paint bleed and it's controlled to where it stays where you want it. Something to keep in mind to exploit in choosing more subjects -- assessing the source by how well it would play on the page using this technique. . . ie how contrasty is it both for color and value.

I love this one. Good for remembrance as well, which looks like it was the message of the picture.
    The splashy vermillion dots suggest that intention. Very subtle (if that's what you were after), and it comes through.

Very lovely painting, Enug!

So are you back now from holiday? How did it go? Did you eat too much, like one ought on holiday?
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments.

Mr. Akey I knew something was not quite right about the leaves and now thanks to you I now know what went wrong! I have made a stencil from them and will see if I can make them more translucent.

About the trip - no, not there yet. We are in the throes of packing. The kitty-cats go on vacation on Saturday and we go on Sunday. I have gone easy on eating this week in anticipation as if that will make much difference.

Two months ago I had stem cell therapy on my arthritic knees and the result is amazing - not quite jumping over tall buildings yet but it does mean that the trip will be more comfortable/enjoyable. Going over to the UK for a few days after the River Cruise and hope to find the magical woods of my childhood.

Sounds like you have a new lease of life which is so good, hope you enjoy your time over here in England. Love the painting it is so gentle and refreshing
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thank you Coops - I've listened to Mr.Akey's comments about the leaves and I think they are looking better.

I will be in Yorkshire for two days - can you arrange some sunshine for me please.

Name:  improvedleaves.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  25.2 KB

Oh yeah! Nailed it!!!!!! Brava!

I don't ever want to hear you say you're not an artist. Too late for that now. And here's the proof.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Enug, you did a beautiful job on these poppies, sounds like you are in for a wonderful trip as well.. hope you are still able to post and visit us here..