ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Jon Hodgson Oil Brushes

Jon Hodgson Oil Brushes

Hello! Nothing desperately fancy here, but 3 oil presets that I use in most of my work. Thought someone might get some use out of them. This is the first time I've made an artrage pack before, so forgive me if I messed up.

The package contains 3 simple brushes - a basic brush that does pretty much everything, a dry/rakey brush that gives a nice graphic mark for on-canvas visual colour mixing and texture, and a "flow" brush that's a less stiff.

Grab them here:
    Name:  JonHodgsonOilBrushes.jpeg
Views: 1825
Size:  35.2 KB
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rushes1.arpack
    Jon Hodgson
    jonhodgson.com

Thank you for sharing these. It's nice to know what you use your pictures, which are wonderful by the way.

I was wondering, how much extra work do you generally find you do in Photoshop beyond that of ArtRage?

Thanks Bertrude! Mostly I'll do a little tweaking of levels right at the end in PS, and sometimes I'll do a final pass of fine detail at the focal points - though more than half the time the inkpen tool in ArtRage does that well enough - I find it works almost identically to a hard round brush in PS for that purpose.
    Jon Hodgson
    jonhodgson.com

Thanks Jon!

Thank you Jon.
    No Hiccups to report; installed and working perfectly.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Thanks Jon!

Thank you Jon, I'm just starting out with ArtRage so this is going to be a great addition to play with