ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Super Cell - drama in the sky

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179

    Super Cell - drama in the sky

    I was so impressed with some recent internet photos of super cell rain storms going on here in the Midwest and Minnesota, so dramatic and devastating at the same time, I tried to translate that into this image.. hope you like it... and keep dry !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SuperCell-2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	424.9 KB 
ID:	81759  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Torino
    Posts
    1,427
    Better take cover Pretty darn good by the way
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

    That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,035

    Blue Deluge.....

    Good afternoon Gary...
    You've captured the dark foreboding beauty within its blue deluge...
    Have a good weekend,
    Steve

    Images:https://www.google.com/search?q=supe...torms&tbm=isch

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Better take cover Pretty darn good by the way
    thanks AndreaMG, this type of weather phenomenon is so dramatic... glad you like this interpretation..


    Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Good afternoon Gary...
    You've captured the dark foreboding beauty within its blue deluge...
    Have a good weekend,
    Steve

    Images:https://www.google.com/search?q=supe...torms&tbm=isch
    great link and thanks ..glad you like this..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    Very Diebenkorn compositionally speaking. And it's a lulu. Really super painting, but I tend to like this kind of bold, clearer composition and simpler color. It feels a little more masterful -- and I'm saying nothing negative about other directions. But this just happens to be something that speaks of a clearer, masterful intention. Great job!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    This supercell is awfully active, almost organic and is possibly going to phagocytize (engulf) our planet! EEEHHHHKKKKK Great blues and painting!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,283
    Really like the way you painted this image,great combo's of hues and shapes.Very fitting to your tittle,once again great work Gary !

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    14,335
    Now Gary, that is a a scary scene for sure....makes me want to take cover as Robyn said.
    Such a rich and beautiful palette, Gary. Wonderful work!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,462

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Very Diebenkorn compositionally speaking. And it's a lulu. Really super painting, but I tend to like this kind of bold, clearer composition and simpler color. It feels a little more masterful -- and I'm saying nothing negative about other directions. But this just happens to be something that speaks of a clearer, masterful intention. Great job!
    Thanks DAkey, I can see the parallel to Diebenkorn compositionally although I used a lot more surface texturing...I think your signature quote is most appropriate...some work is hard and sometimes it comes easily.. as this one did. but just the day prior I labored for several hours and got no where...

    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    This supercell is awfully active, almost organic and is possibly going to phagocytize (engulf) our planet! EEEHHHHKKKKK Great blues and painting!
    Caesar have no fear as the Silver Surfer will save us!...

    Quote Originally Posted by SCP View Post
    Really like the way you painted this image,great combo's of hues and shapes.Very fitting to your tittle,once again great work Gary !
    Thanks Scott, I used the little highlighting effects to this after watching some of your videos and seeing how you put them into your work.. I think it works well in this one..

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Now Gary, that is a a scary scene for sure....makes me want to take cover as Robyn said.
    Such a rich and beautiful palette, Gary. Wonderful work!
    thanks Alexandra you are in the area where you need to take cover occasionally..

    Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Loving the drama in the sky....
    thanks Kenmo...glad you dropped by to comment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •