ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bamboo forest me too ...(one overnight version added on second page)

Bamboo forest me too ...(one overnight version added on second page)

I was inspired by Tonyjazz here and made an experiment by setting up a custom canvas on which I used loosely with the mouse most of the tools, all on the same layer, following intuition on where to place which colors.
    Subsequently I duplicated and slightly transformed the upper layer and used some blending mode.
    Here's the basic layer I got and some two layers variants ... up to You to say what You prefer (if any)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bamboo forest.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	81721   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bamboo forest dark.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	81722   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bamboo forest enlighted.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	184.8 KB 
ID:	81723   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bamboo forest Luce lineare.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	81724  
    Last edited by Caesar; 07-04-2014 at 07:06 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar, very interesting work here. All of them suggest a variety of environments , or times of year. the 3rd one down seems most like a sunlit forest to me, But I like them all, rich colors and textures, your creative bent here produced so fine results!...

Dear Kenmo, it's unbelievable what can be creatively done with Artrage by using appropriately combinations of the features the software has got. In very little time You may wildly set up interesting painting and have a lot of fun. Thank You.

Thank You, dear Gary. As You know my abstracts usually end up to be evocative of some sort of visual experience we all make or recall something undefined, but still real in our mind. I made a couple of new interesting experiences on textures and pattern, but I wonder now if I will ever be able to even only emulate the style of Your abstract masterpieces (I'm doubtful thereabout), certainly not their art.

Looks so natural. Bravo! Reminds me of the movie "House of Flying Daggers"

Name:  House of flying daggers.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  192.1 KB
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Wonderful Caesar. Monitors vary so much who knows for sure what subtleties different people see. But on my calibrated monitor I've a strong leaning to #3 - it's more balanced and bright for me in a way that lets my eyes wonder more around the canvas. It makes me linger longer and contemplate. I love it. Beautiful. Meanwhile, #2 has wonderful dimensionality, especially if you stare at it for a long time. It plays with your eyes a lot. Very cool. If you think of all four as introspections on a theme at different times of the day, they somehow suddenly take on a quality of a Monet study. The more I look, the more wonderful they become. They surprise with visual discoveries the more you be with them. Very fine.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 07-03-2014 at 02:03 PM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Dear Caesar, Upon viewing your set of painting I have been transported into them and now I' am sitting quitely and contemplating beauty of this forest and joyfully being emersed in slowing changing lighting and shadows as the day lingers on....Forest..Jungle..Forest..Jungle, 'Ohhhh crap!...this may be a Jungle and I forgot about "Never Get Off The Boat"....Love them all, brilliantly done!
    Thanks to Tony for giving the inspiration for this Bamboo set, very well done considerations of this theme from the both of you....
    Take care friend,
    Steve

Maybe our mental patterns aren't alien at all to natural ones, dear Andrea: fractals and all the rest of what we see around in the nature work on chaotic order ... Thank God, our mind requires a very little support to create or see entire new worlds. Maybe a glimpse of the Allmighty heritage we're gifted with. Thank you! POST SCRIPTUM: I have some difficulty with the subtitle of Your poster, ma va bin pareil ...LOL

Thank You for Your insighful analysis and Your sharp sensitivity, dear Byron. I can see and agree with what you say and experienced the same feelings on #2 and #3. Sometimes (and often, in my case, where skills and artistic talent are limited) getting wild is the best start for eventually compose and re-compose an enjoyable outcome ...

Dear Steve, I hope You've got a huge TV screen at home where You may have a virtual picnic in this colorful forest while the time of the day changes going from one to another version. I'm absolutely delighted if it would give You pleasure also considering the hard times You went through recently, dear friend.Thank You!

Very pleasing feel on these abstract forest scenes, I like them all. Artrage has endless roads to search artistically. Just happy to be a voyager on these roads................