ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Multiple Colour Sample Pods

Multiple Colour Sample Pods

Sorry if this is obvious, but I can't find the answer.

Is it possible to have open multiple colour sample pods?

No, I'm afraid the Colour Samples pod only allows 1 collection at a time to be loaded in it. (Actually this is not entirely true as it turns out! See Someonesane's post below)
    But, some additional options…
    In Workbench Mode, colours can be added to a Tool Box to build up a collection there that is different from those loaded in the Samples Pod. This is probably the closest to having 2 Samples Pods open.
    You can load other colour palettes as images elsewhere within the AR interface to access them simultaneously, as it were, with what is loaded in the Samples Pod.
    Colour Pod:
    The Colour Pod is independent from the Samples Pod as you know and you can load a custom Colour Picker into there (Have a look around the forums for some other users have made)
    Also you can load a photo/image into the Colour Pod by going to; Tools > Colour Options > Select Custom Picker From Disk…
    Reference Images:
    You can have as many as these on screen as you like each containing different pallets and use the Colour Picker to choose a colour from them.
    Last edited by markw; 07-04-2014 at 04:41 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Thank you. I appreciate the time you took to reply to this.

You've given me food for thought in the other ways of tackling this.

Again, thank you

You may also opt to append the color samples. There's an option to combine one set of samples with another, on the sample panel menu (it's not permanent, so you won't loose any of your saved sets by doing it).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Well I never…!
    Thanks for the additional info Someonesane.
    I didn't know you could do that without permanently messing up the loaded collections.

Having just had a go, I would note that the "Append..." options found in AR3.5 are replaced in AR4 by 'Add Samples' > Load From Disk… or Load From Collection… options to do this.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Thanks for the 'append' tip. I had seen the option when looking for a way to load additional pods. I will try it to see how it works. My original thinking was that the pod might become unmanageable.