ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A Few Nitty-Gritty Questions...

Question A Few Nitty-Gritty Questions...

Hi, folks!

I recently received a copy of ArtRage 4.0 Full as a gift from a friend and I am thus far very happy with it. There are just a few very minor little issues that are bothering me, which I can't seem to find a particular fix for. I thought I'd post in the forums, just in case I'm not the only ones with these issues.

Before I get started...

Version: ArtRage 4.0.6
    OS: Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit, SP2 (yes, ew, cooties, I know)

I don't actually have an error message, since it's not that kind of problem. It's more of a general "is anybody else having this minor issue?" sort of thing.

Now, then, on to the issues themselves...

Livestream Procaster 20.3.25P

I use Livestream Procaster v20.3.25P to stream my art when I'm doing things. This is great, because it can show progress without posting finished works, and it also lets people see how I do the things I do.

This is also not great with ArtRage 4.0, because for some reason, my tool pods are being treated as though they were separate windows. That is to say, as soon as I expand the pods from their little packed-up button shapes, they aren't part of the stream any more.

I'd post this on Livestream, but I'm specifically curious how this is handled within the program. (Also several exhaustive searches through Google failed to turn up anything relevant.)

My main question is this: What reason would there be for that? Are these pods basically like floating processes or something, separate from ArtRage's internal workings once they're expanded? I suspect there's probably no way to fix this; at this point I'm just morbidly curious why it's happening. I'd appreciate any input.

Pastel Tool Hiccup

This one's probably a lot less convoluted.

Basically: I love the pastel tool. I love pastels and I use them traditionally as well as digitally. I love the way ArtRage handles them. It's very true to life.

There's just one little tiny tweak I want to know how to make to the default, since I'm still new to the program and I'm not really sure how I can do it:

When you start drawing with the pastel tool (or chalk, and this seems to happen regardless of whether it's Hard Wax or Soft Wax), it throws in a bunch of very stark, high-contrast pixels into the border areas of where you're drawing (or blending, if you're up against any other pastel on the layer/canvas).

What I want to know is: How can I either tone down these really high-contrasty pixels, or how can I suppress that particular effect? I can understand throwing in a few to indicate how pastels get kind of lumpy in thick layers, or how they take really well to textured surfaces, but my goodness that's a lot of pixels; it seems to do it at a really high rate, and I can find no settings slider to control this, nor does adjusting canvas smoothness seem to make any impact on this.

Am I just looking in the wrong places, or is this just an immutable feature of the pastel/chalk tool?

Thank you so much for your input and time! I hope you guys have a great day.

Edit: I am dumb, disregard the pastel tool question. Apparently I was looking at old stroke marks from before I had adjusted the canvas settings, and had gone on to use a different tool without testing the pastel... hahahah, oops.
    Last edited by Hrimfaxi; 07-01-2014 at 09:06 AM.

It's all a learning process Hrimfaxi, and we've all asked lots of questions at the beginning. It's a great program, and you'll have fun learning to get it up and running to your satisfaction.

I can't help with your podcast issues, but someone will come along who can.