ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another more classical excercise and a starting WIP from a picture of Lucien Freud

Another more classical excercise and a starting WIP from a picture of Lucien Freud

Oil/ acrylics panting tool ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nipote Eugenio.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	486.0 KB 
ID:	81680   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freud painting.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	487.0 KB 
ID:	81681  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hello Caesar... Classical excercise with a emotional tug, I like both of the 'kid portraits', both different but both evoking emotion upon viewing them....
    Now as for Lucien....must be a family trait, a emphasis on psychological situations in almost all of his paintings, asking the viewer to possibly analyze the subject matter or the artist himself...It's looking great so far, looking forward to your completion of it.
    Take care friend,
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 07-01-2014 at 05:43 AM.

Great exercises!!!!
    I like very much your brush strokes in this works!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Amazing works Master Caesar ,your classics look Classic ! !Looking forward to the finished results.

wow a what treat to see you painting these portraits, I found that by looking at them in a separate window and enlarging them the subtle colorations and brushstrokes really stand out and are very impressive my friend!....

Holy cow Caesar. These are good.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

A beautiful child painting Caesar, and Lucien is looking good too.

Dear Steve, Lucien Freud centred all his art on human bodies (and their short-haired, almost naked, slender dog mates in several cases) and certainly not in their idyllic vision, rather with all their weight, wrinkles, pains. Nonetheless a human being keeps its dignity and remains noble in his paintings, also in its decadence and he did paint himself all over his life without any concession to vanity or to some fake pose or look. I would like to try to find how to simulate also his brushstrokes style on this later on. As for the kid in two completely diffrent versions, it was a commitment I willingly took and enjoyed. Thank You!

Thank you, dear Damaso. I still have to improve very much on brushstrokes and materic painting with ArtRage, I feel.

After Your wonderful videos, dear Scott, I had the impelling impulse to add to them some more eyes and a few bigget teeth and fangs ... LOL

Thank you, dear Gary! I don't plan and don't prepare a palette. I guess on each next brushstroke color, setting, headshape and direction to get what I look for. Not the most effective way, but an attempt to verify how much natural and confident talent I have or have grown and to get some surprise during the effort, since it's far from any mechanical procedure. It doesn't work as i wish in many cases, so I'm glad You like it.

By a master of gorgeous paintings like You, dear Byron, this is a really valuable compliment indeed. Thank You!

Thank you, dear Robyn! I'm pretty sure that if Lucien Freud had seen Your canine artpieces, he would have assigned to You the task to paint the dongs on his masterpieces ...

I made also a little experiment with layer texture blending to approach Freud's materic painting. I used tubes, thick oil, chalk and knife, hard, soft and wet and even watercolor (low load) and airbrush. I think glitter would fit too (always with wet knife probably). There's apparently quite a wide range of texture effects we may get, once You list them and plan what You like to get and is feasible. Have a look. (enlarge the image in case)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freud painting textured & cropped.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	407.3 KB 
ID:	81700  

You are so talented, Cesare. It is wonderful to view your work again. The little boy is adorable.
    BTW, thank you always for your warm welcomes. I have enjoyed this summer, and doing a lot of
    reading and organizing. The outside will have to wait until the fall and cooler weather.
    I hope you and your clan are all well and enjoying the summer also.