ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noir

Smile Noir

Hey everyone. Long time since my last post. Hope you're all fine. Missed being here. Wanted to get myself back to painting, so I started with a portrait, fictional, no ref, not really a story that goes with it, so...just painting....but I went for a a certain style I had in mind. I forced myself to stop here and call it done. Played around with its framing and somehow liked a crop I tested very much and as I couldn't really decide which I like more I am posting both. Hope you like em. What do you think of it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Noir.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	457.4 KB 
ID:	81648   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Noir2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	464.4 KB 
ID:	81649  

Great to see you again mate !! Very nice painting Belvrog !

Hello

I really love the close up! Beautiful.

Hi, dear Belvrog! Great to have You back! Now You have to work hard to recover the time lapse when we were deprived of your mastery. I wonder what's the drama behind this nice lady you painted so intensely ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Belvrog, so good to see your great painting again, it must feel good to have the mental space to allow your creative side to come out to play... love the close crop as it shows off the beautiful brush work and colors it think and puts the viewer into a very intimate space with the painting...

Definitely very 'graphic novel'!

I like the colors and values a lot. Good image for expressing the gritty Noir genre.

Good one. More please!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

OOOOooo, there is a story with this fine painting Belv, and it is so nice to see your great work again dear man.

Welcome back. I certainly like it . Waiting for more. Regards
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Quote Originally Posted by SCP View Post
    Great to see you again mate !! Very nice painting Belvrog !
    Thanks Scott for that mate. Yep missed being here too!

Quote Originally Posted by Valfay View Post
    I really love the close up! Beautiful.
    Thank you Valfay !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Hi, dear Belvrog! Great to have You back! Now You have to work hard to recover the time lapse when we were deprived of your mastery. I wonder what's the drama behind this nice lady you painted so intensely ...

Hi Caesar thanks man... , I'll see what i can do... i guess mastery will be the hardest aspect...thanks much for you nice comment. Flattered by your kind words and really happy to see you again too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    Belvrog, so good to see your great painting again, it must feel good to have the mental space to allow your creative side to come out to play... love the close crop as it shows off the beautiful brush work and colors it think and puts the viewer into a very intimate space with the painting...

Hi Gary, yes indeed. Yes it's so much fun again! Thanks for you words. I am also more an more tending to prefer the crop.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Awesome painting.....
    Hi Ken, thanks for checking it out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Definitely very 'graphic novel'!

I like the colors and values a lot. Good image for expressing the gritty Noir genre.

Good one. More please!
    Hi D Thanks alot. There will definitely be more soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    OOOOooo, there is a story with this fine painting Belv, and it is so nice to see your great work again dear man.
    Hi Sandra, thanks so much dear friend! So happy to be back too.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Welcome back. I certainly like it . Waiting for more. Regards
    Hey Andrea. Thanks much for checking it out. Pleased you like it!