ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Kid Goat

Kid Goat

Reminds me very much of a kid goat I once had. An assortment of tools used - watercolour, gloop, airbrush, noise etc.. The background was glitter blurred. A reference was also used.

Name:  kid goat-th.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  26.1 KB

You must have been a cute couple of kids. . .
    What an exotic pet. . . to my citified thinking anyway.

Delightful painting! Very clever use of the tools. Never would have thought to glitter and blur. . . but enough about them nights at the discotheques. . .

Very loving image. I can see you have a soft spot for your subject. Sorta says innocence of childhood to me.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Actually I was an adult when given an orphaned kid goat - bow hunters had killed her mother - goats along with other introduced feral animals, are ruining the Aussie outback and hunters are encouraged to cull. Sad but she was a beautiful pet who lived for another 13yrs. She inspired me to go into Angora goat breeding (for mohair) and we have many happy memories of 'Bambi' and the other goats, who all had names!

Did you know that Australia is home to the world's largest population of wild camels? A bit of trivia for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Actually I was an adult when given an orphaned kid goat - bow hunters had killed her mother - goats along with other introduced feral animals, are ruining the Aussie outback and hunters are encouraged to cull. Sad but she was a beautiful pet who lived for another 13yrs. She inspired me to go into Angora goat breeding (for mohair) and we have many happy memories of 'Bambi' and the other goats, who all had names!

Did you know that Australia is home to the world's largest population of wild camels? A bit of trivia for you.
    Just think if the Rolling Stones had been influenced by Aussie music instead of American blues. . .I could just hear Mick Jagger and the lads drawling out:

"Wild camels. . . couldn't drag me A-way. . .
    Wild, wild camels. . . we'll cull them some daaaaayyyyy. . ."

The music world would have been an altogether different place, with Keith on didgeridoo.

I did not know that about camels in Australia. . . and wild ones at that. Other than in zoos, I've honestly never heard of a camel in the world that wasn't pressed into service like a desert taxi. So are the herds growing? Only in Australia I would guess. The military in the 1800s tried bringing camels to the US wild west at one point, but I think it was a flop. I'm not sure whether it was because machines came in and took over what animals had done. But it was one of those historical anomalies that left you wondering.

Say, listen, this is a really sad story about Bambi. Yet a human interest one about how this situation with Bambi came to get you to raise Angoras. Would probably have made a good story to write up for a magazine or something. Some interesting dynamics, I would suspect. Very creative.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream