ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A sketch

A sketch

I haven't drawn much with artrage in a while. I've finally managed to get my pencil to work the way I want it to so I've been doing a lot of real media. I recently had a disagreement with my artist aunt but she sent me a message saying she didn't know why it happened so we're fine now and aren't going to have that misunderstanding again. The reason I mentioned that is because it has me in a mood to draw again. I've found that AR is a good practice tool, invaluable, but I can do better with real media. Still, AR is fun and I enjoy it. This isn't a great drawing but my main emphasis was speed. This took about 45 minutes.
    Name:  lee.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  268.4 KB
    I still have a problem with hair but I'm getting better. Seems like my biggest problem is trying to put too much detail. I need to learn to simplify them. This started out simple but I guess I got carried away. Oh well, every drawing is practice for the next one.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

nice to see you back GMS, great drawing

Ah, Robert E Lee! Greatest general of the Confederacy. Certainly an iconic countenance and history says he was a class act. Nice drawing.

So did you and your aunt find yourselves on opposite sides of the Mason-Dixon Line? I heard a lot about families divided and fighting one another during the Civil War. Isn't it time, George, to bury the hatchet -- to forge yourselves a couple statues in the park as perches for the great equalizer -- the pigeons?

Furthermore. . . it'll all sort itself and you will come to realize that ArtRage is superior to the old world ways. Note that it has the [Undo] button. The real world is sadly missing that feature. So when there's a family squabble, brother against brother, nephew vs aunt. . . in the real world, all we can do is shoot em and. . . I mean we can forgive them. . . but mind the carpetbaggers. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Nope, she's a Missouri girl in Texas, I'm still in Missouri. It was another matter brought on, I think due to her health, or lack thereof, causing her to not think clearly, which I can so relate to. She's very headstrong and I didn't think I'd here from her again but in 2 or 3 days she messaged me and was very embarrassed about it. I understand and all is cool now. I didn't know she even existed until I was in my 20s and she's lived in Texas or California the whole time so we haven't had much time to be together in person. Due to her bad health it's very possible that she's on her way out and I'm glad we still have some time. She was my dad's sister and He was killed when I was a year old, so she's my main source of information about him.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/