ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Animation Paper

Animation Paper

If you are interested in the 2D animation art there is a great new software to be released. Probably you have heard of or used the old PAP (Plasic Animation Paper) that has been around for more than 20 years. The 4 last years PAP has been freeware. The man behind PAP and the brand new Animation Paper Niels K M is building the new soft for iOS and Windows. It will be sold for a low price 79 USD. There is a Crowd Funding coming up next week. If you are interested in 2D animation you can visit animationpaper.com and read all about it and join the news list at the site animationpaper.com and get all the information you need.
    Last edited by Henry Stahle; 06-26-2014 at 08:48 PM.

That's great to hear thanks Henry. Thanks for the info.

Did you also pick up that a future release of Sketchbook Pro 2015 will also include some animation capability now? Currently it's on limited release to companies and such, but is due for retail release later in the summer.
    http://www.autodesk.com/products/ske...l/gallery-view

ArtRage would be an ideal candidate for some form of animation version release one day .. . . . . . like the enormous, Ambient team don't work hard enough already.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Thanks Henry!
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Quote Originally Posted by Nickillus View Post
    That's great to hear thanks Henry. Thanks for the info.

Did you also pick up that a future release of Sketchbook Pro 2015 will also include some animation capability now? Currently it's on limited release to companies and such, but is due for retail release later in the summer....
    Yes, I have noticed that Sketchbook includes a "flipbook" in the 2015 version. But since I use Photoshop for animation (exellent animation module) I need nothing more like that. Animation Paper will be a solid 2d traditional basic animator. Nothing like TVpaint or such. Just simple and low price. Just what I like

Thanks for the link Henry.

The crowdfunding funding did not reach its goal

The founder of the Animation Paper crowdfunding campaign wrote:

"Today, we only got one day to go with our crowd funding on Indiegogo. We have about 1/5 of the funding needed to make Animation Paper for Mac happen. So it is time for me to admit that we didnít make it. "

So the funding will be returned to those contributed.

I've tried a lot of animation software including ToonBoom, Anime Studio, DigiCel Flipbook, Pivot, etc, even Scratch, but nothing seems to satisfy or have everything one needs. Hopefully this will be a good one. Thanks for the heads up

Thanks for the info
    Always happy to see a dane doing great stuff like this

I'll definitely have to check this out at some point.